Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H.pylori eradication problems

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

s.sssss25yahoo.de

H.pylori eradication problems

Post by s.sssss25yahoo.de »

Dear Mr.Marshall!!!

First off all i want to thank YOU for all the hard work you've done for all the people.

I was diagnosed with H.pylori for about 2 years ago (ulcer,gastritis,vitamin B6 and B12 deficiency).

1.first therapy was Amoxicillin 1000mg x 2 day, Clarithromycin 500mg x 2 day, Pantoprazol (PPI)40mg x 2 day…….. therapy for 1 week.

2. 6 weeks after treatmend h.p was confirmed positive….. the same therapy…

After helicobacter pylori antibiotics resistance test resistance of Clarithromycin was found.

3. third therapy Amoxicillin , Metronidazol ,Pantoprazol for 10 days.

After helicobacter pylori antibiotics resistance test resistance of Clarithromycin and Metronidazol was found.

4. Fourth therapy Amoxicillin, Rifampicin , Pantoprazol for 10 days..

And like always after 6 weeks biopsies where taken and H.pilory was positive but ulcer was healed.

5. Fifth therapy Amoxicillin 1000mg 2x day, Tetracyclin (Doxy) 100mg x 2 day ,Pantoprazol 40 mg 2 x day for 14 days.

didn’t work.

6. Sixth therapy was the same as fifth and it didn’t work.

7. Seventh therapy was 1000mg 2x day, Tetracyclin (Doxy) 100mg x 2 day ,Pantoprazol 40 mg 2 x day for 21 days.

and IT JUST DIDN’T Work again.

resistance test was made and it looks like that

Amoxicillin NOT resistant

Tetracyclin NOT resistant

Clarithromicin resistant

Ciprofloxacin resistant

Metronidazol resistant

Rifampicin NOT resistant.

Please could you help me out? Maybe i should add that my symptoms are going away during treatment but they come back in 2 or 3 weeks. So I think that my problems are coused by Helicobacter. what are the couses of unsuccessful treatments?

Best regards!!!
Last edited by s.sssss25yahoo.de on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

luci2010

Re: H.pylori eradication problems

Post by luci2010 »

Hi,

I am also suffering from H Pylori for over 2 years now. Like you, I've done the eradication therapy many times with different antibiotics, I feel well for a couple of weeks after treatment, then it all comes back again! I don't know what else to do, I feel completely lost. I just can't bare the pain anymore, nothing takes the pain away, the nausea is extreme, I can barely eat (lost over 5kg just this year), sleeping is hard as my stomach hurts so much. I can't work or do anything , I feel miserable all the time. And the worse of all is that I'm losing hope. I've been to many different gastroenterologists and tried sooo many different drugs... I don't know what else to do, neither does my doctor. This illness is consuming me and sometimes I feel I cannot no longer stand another day of pain. I've been reading posts of people who are battlling with HPylori for five/seven years, it sounds to me like a slow painful death. I'm losing the strength to fight the battle and I don't know where else to look for help.
Please check the FAQ. If you haven't tried it yet, click here, and look inside the FAQ's. Your question might already be answered.

Woodzee

Post by Woodzee »

Here's some hope for everyone out there;

Its called Manuka honey;
http://www.manukahoneyusa.com/h-pylori.htm

Some Dr. has done 20 years research behind manuka honey and has concluded its thoroughly effective for H.pylori / Gastritis / IBS etc.
On the web page there are a lot of testimonies from poeple who have used the manuka honey; i.e.

Customer Testimony: How Active Manuka Honey eliminated H. Pylori Bacteria (causing Stomach Ulcers) In just two months 50% of the h. pylori bacteria was gone, after another month or two, 98% of the bacteria was gone!

"I was diagnosed with h. pylori bacterial infection in my stomach. My doctor gave me antibiotics and other medication, which did not work at all. My doctor also heard about Manuka Honey and recommended that I try it out. After taking Active Manuka Honey for just two months, I felt a significant improvement. I went back to my doctor and had myself tested for h. pylori. 50% of the h. pylori was gone in only two months! About 1 or two months later, I was tested again, 98% of the h. pylori bacteria was gone. I feel fantastic, Active Manuka Honey works! Now I continue to take Active Manuka Honey, because I want to maintain feeling good, even though the h. pylori is gone, just for preventive measures."
S.C., Beachwood, Ohio

There are many others like this and I've seen manuka honey pop up on other web pages too about how it has benefited them. Perhaps it may be worth a try. I know that I'm certainly gonna see what it does for my nausea and dyspepsia. Perhaps in a month or two i will report back about it has worked.

Hope this helps x

luci2010

Post by luci2010 »

I was having about 3 very large tablespoons of manuka honey 18+ every day (I was also using as a spread) for over 4 months and it made absolutely no difference...
Please check the FAQ. If you haven't tried it yet, click here, and look inside the FAQ's. Your question might already be answered.

Woodzee

Post by Woodzee »

Hi Luci,

Just out of curiousity, what is the state of your stomach lining?

I am now free from H. Pylori and my stomach is fully healed (from having severe erosions and an ulcer), however I still suffer the same symptoms that i did before. What this conveys to me is that i now suffer from 'functional dyspepsia' where i feel nauseous and a burning sensation for which there is no known reason. If you were on PPI's for a long duration I presume your stomach lining would be healed as well (besides the fact that you still have H. pylori).

My only curiousity is as to why we still retain the sypmtoms despite everything having healed. Is this the same with you?

Kind regards

luci2010

Post by luci2010 »

Hi,

My last endoscopy was about 1 year ago, at the time I had moderate gastritis but no ulcer. I haven't done another endoscopy yet, I need to wait another 10 days to the another breath test to check the status of HP. I'm planning to do another endoscopy shortly after the breath test to check the stomach lining.

I find it very strange that people with a healed stomach still have the same symptons... I can't really understand "functional dyspepsia" or how it works... I think no one can! I will only know if I have it once I get another breath test and endoscopy done, but i don't think that's the problem because the last time I was in pain like this I was diagnosed with gastritis and HP...

I wonder if eradication of HP causes functional dyspepsia on some people? For what I've read it seems to be the case. I'm hoping to be one of the lucky ones that do get better after successfully eradication of HP!

Do you have a healthy diet? Meaning no alchool, no coffee, no spicy food, low fat...
Although I've been on a very strict diet for the last seven months I still have all the symptons!

Have you tried probiotics? Maybe you have a gut inbalance and need to repopulate your gut with some good bacteria after so many antibiotics... (just guessing!)

Some people say they find relief with natural products such as Mastic gum and Aloe Vera juice, but I have to say that none of it worksfor me.

Sorry I can't really help much, like you I'm also looking for answers that no one seems to have...

Hope you feel better soon!

Luci.

Woodzee

Post by Woodzee »

Hi Luci,

Am currently working my way through the natural remedies i.e. mastic gum, aloe vera etc. None seem to resolve the problem really but I'm more than content to keep trying the 100's of products out there.
I do however find that the biggest input is in my diet, therefore i avoid takeaway's, alcohol, caffiene etc. like the plague (which at 24yrs of age is very hard to do ;) ).

Some paracetomol now and then relieves the gastric pain and if i'm in real agony, i'll take some codeine or some motilium to relax me and they pretty much do the trick. Whilst I do understand that H. Pylori has made a significant impact on my life and in some cases has dampened many life opportunities for myself, I am grateful that I am still alive and that I can see, touch, taste, smell and hear.

I could place myself against many friends i know and feel very bitter about what has happened but it would not get me anywhere. I know that 50 years ago, if you had H.pylori they would remove half your stomach or something like that, so to still be 99% able to carry on with my life depsite feelin nauseous I am grateful. I feel its better if i look at what i have, than what i don't have in life and that gives me a better mindset on my gastritis.

In time, things will get better and research is now expanding at a phenomenal rate, so don't be too downhearted because studies are always being conducted.
I go for a 5km run every other day and that keeps my spirit fighting strong.

luci2010

Post by luci2010 »

Hi Woodzee,

If you are still able to carry out 99% of your life as normal, that is indeed very very good!!! I guess it all depends on how much this illness affects you. I'm not so lucky, I would say it affects about 70% of my life... I've always been an outdoors type of person, I love exercise, swimming, cycling, travelling, but since I got sick I haven't been able to do anything, I barely get out of the house! I have missed over 2 whole months of work just this year, I have spent countless days in bed agonizing with pain, I have vomited so much that I damaged my esophagus and that started hurting as well... Sometimes I am awaken by strong stomach pains and spasm in the middle of the night and nothing I take seems to help. I suffer from nausea 24hr a day, sometimes it gets really extreme and it even makes me dizzy and I feel like I'm about to faint. I also have random burping fits and lost a lot of weight.

My diet is basically only leaves, steamed vegetables, non acidic fruits and cornflakes :-(

I try to be optimistic though, I hope that I will feel better soon, like you I'm young (28 years old) and my whole life has been on hold for the last two years...

Luci.

Woodzee

Post by Woodzee »

I bumped into a work colleague who revealed he had H. Pylori 2 months ago. And after having a week's course of antibiotics he was back to normal with no problems since. What this has made me realise is that maybe i may still have H. Pylori (despite my private consultant telling me i showed negative for it) :? .
So i've gone and booked an appointment with my consultant to try and figure out what is going on.
Am in the process of writing down several hundred questions to barrage him with, so i can get moving somewhere with illness.

In the meantime, i've got 3 jars of manuka honey left, 80 mastic gum pills and loads of 'acidophilus' to get through to keep me occupied ;)
I'm sure i'll get to the bottom of this in the end.

Cristian_figgs

Post by Cristian_figgs »

Hey there, just a question regarding the mastic gum and Manuka honey regimen. I am a young man (19 years old) and for the past 3-4 years I’ve had several GI issues including bloating, acid reflux, burping/belching, loose stools etc. I went to the doctor and tested negative for H.pylori, he said it was just IBS.. Didn’t really help me much, so I am kind of at a loss here and sick of feeling this way, just wondering if it’s okay to take these two natural remedies for a couple of months as recommended as a way to help with these symptoms even if I don’t have h.pylori and if it would be safe to take if you do not have h.pylori, Thanks for your time.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”