Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Another bug causing gastritis

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, luci2010

H.P porteur
Genuine user

Another bug causing gastritis

Post by H.P porteur » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:26 am

Happy new year,

What do you think helico-expert or Dr Marshall of the works of the Japanese doctor Takayuki Okada and his new finding regarding the new bacteria causing gastritis, Okadaella gastrococcus?

In his studies, he suggests a longer treatment ( 4 to 6 weeks) for the carriers of this bacteria in order to heal gastritis or ulcers caused by this agent.

Second, what do you think of this Russian study which showed that using lactulose ( prebiotic) and a PPI can eradicate H.pylori better than triple therapy?

Best regards,

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Another bug causing gastritis

Post by Helico_expert » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:22 am

this organism was reported a few years ago. although the organism was isolated, there hasnt been any animal studies to prove it's pathogenecity. even though 16s rRNA has been sequenced, the genome is not yet available.

We have seen some gastric inflammation cases where H. pylori is not available. Perhaps there is other organism living in the stomach other than H. pylori. So far, it is probably too early to conclude that Okadaella gastrococcus is a pathogen.

H.P porteur
Genuine user

Post by H.P porteur » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:18 am

Helico-expert,

And what you think of the russian study using lactulose and PPI and achieving almost 100% eradication rate of H.pylor with zero side effect? The idea was that PPI will shut down the stomach acid and lactulose will increase lactobacillus probiotics in the duodenum and the stomach to overcrowd H.pylori. I think that will be the future of treating H.pylori. It is a tough cookie that requires a lot of antibiotics. But maybe the protocol of prebiotic + lactulose is the future of the treatment of this bug.

Here the patent description: https://www.google.ca/patents/US2016013 ... cQ6AEIJzAA

They have studies done but in Russian. They used for testing breathing test and histological test. Recurrence of gastritis was lower in PPI + lactulose than in the group who received triple therapy.

Regards,

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:11 am

interesting strategy. I dont know if it will work which I doubt. We had tried using strong PPI and high dose of lactobacillus before. It's not appropriate for me to tell you which strain we used. But after 2 weeks of daily intake of PPI and lactobacillus, we carefully collected the biopsies from the stomach and tried multiple times in the laboratory, still cannot find the lactobacillus strain. Even DNA testing reveal no trace of Lactobacillus in the stomach. So we concluded that lactobacillus (at least the strain we tried), cannot survive (or colonise) in the stomach.

Nowadays you can almost find any results you want from internet. Therefore it is important to see who publish the work, where is it published to, is there a review of the article, and has the same result been observed by another scientist in another corner of the world.

H.P porteur
Genuine user

Post by H.P porteur » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:22 pm

Helico-expert,

I think the russian method is different than using a probiotic and PPI. With lactulose, you select the bugs that can grow in the duodenum and the stomach and metabolize lactulose. You don't need to give any probiotic. The bacteria that can overcrowd H.pylori will do.

I don't know if the patent is weak. But they have published studies in Russian. And they claim to have achieve almost 100% eradication rate of H.pylori with a lower reccurence in the group who received LACTULOSE and PPI than the triple therapy. They followed the treated patients for one year and they concluded that they were cured.

Maybe you should try to replicate this study because it is easy and both PPI and lactulose are very cheap.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter”