Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Natural Treatment Success

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, luci2010

Humble
Genuine user

Natural Treatment Success

Post by Humble » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:43 am

Hi!

I am going to shorten my story as much as I can. I have been experiencing lack of appetite, bloating and uncomfortable feeling under my ribs from the past 12 years or so. Never really bothered because I thought I had weak stomach or probably had stomach inflammation or worst case an ulcer that is healing.

I eat healthy but I have very little appetite. So I went to doctor few months ago for a different reason (fatigue, shortness of breath and panic attack like symptoms) I did mention my lack of appetite and uncomfortable feeling under ribcage which is more focused on left side. Doc ordered helico test and I was found positive. He prescribed me 7 days Nexium hp7.

Now I dont like taking meds and I dont remember taking antibiotics or anything like that before but anyways 7 days treatment didnt work. After 5 weeks breath test still showed 1560 Dpm urease (positive). But antibiotics messed up everything. Its been over 7 weeks but still excrutiating pain in my upper stomach that I have never experienced before, it literally feels like when someone punches you in your solar plex. I am worried how can antibiotics cause so much pain to me. I feel like the pain is settling down a little but its really slow. So I have two questions regarding all this:

1) Why antibiotics have caused so much pain to me, sometimes I feel like I am dying. I never felt like this even if helico was there my only symptoms were uncomfortable feeling under ribcage and lack of appetite, and nausea someimes. But after (and during treatment as well, the pain started on the second day of treatment) the pain is unbearable. What should I do with this? I havent read people complaining about the sideeffects that I am experiencing. Doc did ultrasound lfts, amalyse/lipase after hp7 course, everything is normal so its not that. Can antibiotics cause gastritis or ulcer?

2) Next question, since I now know I simply cant bear antibiotics. I am looking at natural treatment, I have read a lot of people here dont believe in natural treatment, why is that. Can someone please explain if natural treatment doesnt work then how come so many people after natural treatment are tested negative?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Natural Treatment Success

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:49 pm

1. everyone experience differently to antibiotics. you are probably a bit unfortunate with the side effects. however, it is the only way to eradicate H. pylori. Please proceed with the second antibiotics cocktail treatment. Here are the tips.

a. H. pylori cannot become resistant to amox and bismuth. So you can always repeat these two drugs.
b. amox is a very safe drug with little side effect. ask for higher dose like 2g or 3g a day.
c. higher dose PPI usually shows better result. so you can ask for double dose PPI.
d. other than amox and bismuth, do not repeat other antibiotics that you have previously taken.

2. why natural therapy doesnt work? it is because H. pylori hide under the mucous layer. the mucous layer protects the stomach from self digesting from the stomach acid juice. normally nothing pass through the thick mucous protection layer. Therefore, all natural products cant get through to kill H. pylori. antibiotics on the other hand get absorbed into the blood and attack H. pylori from behind the stomach cells.

Humble
Genuine user

Post by Humble » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:56 pm

Thanks for taking time and replying to my post. I understand antibiotics is the number one choice to kill hpylori. But I fail to understand how so many people taking natural treatments successfully eradicated hpylori, if it doesnt work?. They have test reports to show that too. It cant be that these treatments only suppress hpylori because the way people are follow these treatment and then do the followup stool test (after stopping the treatment for weeks) shows it actually works?

Another question is whats the significance of numbers in urea breath test mine came near 1600 dpm. What does this mean apart from that I have an active infection?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:28 am

I dont know how many successful case you have seen in using natural therapy to kill HP. But I have probably seen hundreds, or perhaps tens of thousands if you include the traditional medicine users in China, that failed to kill HP.

I think those people that claim that their homeopathic treatment that works, it's pure luck. They probably got a weak strain or they body reacted differently to the products that they are taking. The problem with homeopathic treatment is that there is no consistent data out there. It sometimes work for somebody and fail on others. And many, they treat the symptoms but not the root of the problem.

the DPM correlates to the number of HP in your stomach. However, we have seen patients with 9000 dpm and asymptomatic. We have also seen patients with 300 dpm with ulcers. So the number doesnt mean much to you. All you need to know is that if you are positive or negative of HP. The number is for me, as a researcher, to understand the mechanism of urea being broken down by HP.

Humble
Genuine user

Post by Humble » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:01 am

Thanks for sharing your expertise. Could you please help me diagnose what seems to be wrong with me.

As mentioned earlier from the last 12 years I was experiencing uncomfortable feeling under my ribcage mostly focused on my left. Which used to swole a little after eating on just under left ribcage. It all started when I remember I was suppressing my vommiting and was feeling very sick but due to this trying to not vomit or control myself, I had what felt like an acid explosion inside my stomach and everything from my throat to my private parts got really hot and burning like sensation for few minutes and since that day severe nausea took over me I was unable to eat always feeling nausea and burning like sensation on my whole oesophegus and left upper side stomach it took about 3 years for me to actually overcome nausea I started feeling better but lost my appetite till this day I am very carefully what I eat. I was always a healthy eating person. This happened because of some infection that I was battling because my LFTs were quiet high at that time when it happened. (I don't smoke,drink or do drugs). I did ultrasound,barium swallow but nothing came up at that time.

Fast forward,with time everything started healing, my heart never felt light but nausea was gone. But uncomfortable feeling and a little swelling under left ribcage was still there. No burning or acidity etc but uncomfortable pain under ribs.

So few months ago I went to the doctor because of panic attacks and difficulty breathing ( doc found I was low on Vit D and B12, which after few weeks of supplement came back normal). Doctor also ordered hpylori test and I was found positive in blood serology so he prescribed 7 days Nexium HP7 which as I mentioned ruined everything for me and didn't work to kill the bacteria. Following are my syptoms kindly help me diagnose what it is because my GP does not have sure answer:

- After antibiotics I experienced excruciating pain in my upper abdomin. It was just like someone punched me in my solar plex. I was finding it difficult to breathe. It went so painful that my upper stomach muscles got really stiff and I was bloated. I couldn't sit or stand for longer period of time.

- Now it's been almost 2 months since I took my HP7 course but I am still in pain. Nausea and no appetite. Upper stomach hurts but it's better than before.

- it's so painful that I am experiencing pain in all directions under my ribcage bones whether it's my front back or sides every place under ribcage is hurting.

- After this round of antibiotics I also developed individual right side pain under front and back ribcage. ( Ultrasound came back normal, apart from that there was incidental gallbladder polyps found,which were not present or visible on ultrasound films though, so doc said it could be a mistake or misdiagnosis and that my gallbladder is normal and everything else in my ultrasound was normal. Blood tests amalyse,lipase, iron studies, LFTs everything normal both before and after antibiotics treatment)

- Now that the pain has started settling. I experienced it moves around in my upper stomach some times it's more focused on front of stomach sometimes on the back sometimes in the left sometimes on the right.

- A simple work or sitting for longer period of time makes my upper stomach feel shredded and a lot of pain.

- I also experienced if I sleep on my left side the next morning pain will be focused more on the right and if I sleep on the right side the pain will be focused more on the left.

- Doc said it could be ulcer but it could be gastritis, there is no answer for this ( I won't do endoscopy please don't suggest that)

- I don't know why these sets of antibiotics have caused so much pain in just 7 days. I can't sit or stand for longer period of times. Long haul flights are like nightmare to me.

Please help me diagnose what it might be. Yes it feels a little better after I eat. I am not eating wheat etc just lost my appetite was just eating bananas or yogurt.

Humble
Genuine user

Post by Humble » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:14 am

Also forgot to mention stool tests MCS OCP came back normal. But they did found Blastocystis hominis .GP feels is not related to my symptoms and said in most cases it's a harmless bacteria.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:58 am

i think we need to find out if you still have H. pylori. Can you order a urea breath test from your local GP?

you cannot do blood test this time as your blood will always carry antibody and will always be positive. Only breath test or stool test can tell if you are still infected H. pylori.

in regards to your symptoms, you have done almost all the right tests except for endoscopy. If you are above 50, I would strongly recommend you to get one done. It is not that scary. you'll be given sedative and you wont even remember what happened.

even you think your stomach is no big deal, it's still a good idea to get a look around your stomach via endoscopy. that will be your baseline now. and in the future, if the problem get worse, then at least you have something to compare with.

Humble
Genuine user

Post by Humble » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:45 am

My Hpylori was detected through serology. After completing 7 days Nexium hp7. I did breath test after 6 weeks of taking my last dose and urea breath test was near 1600dpm. So hpylori is still there. But this upper stomach pain and all the complications I have now is after taking 7 day course. I am in my mid 30s and as told earlier the uncomfartable feeling I was having for 12 years was nothing compared to the pain I am experiencing after antibiotics round.

I would really appreciate if you can read my symptoms and diagnose what it is.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:12 am

unfortunately the mechanism of how the lower rip pain happen is still poorly understood. if you read through the forum, you are not the only one. Many members in this forum described similar symptoms.

However, since your first treatment failed, you should try another treatment to get rid of HP. only then you can focus on the recovery.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter”