SEA water eradicated H.pylori in mice and dogs

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, luci2010

H.P porteur
Genuine user

SEA water eradicated H.pylori in mice and dogs

Post by H.P porteur » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:16 am

There is this strange study, where sea water eradicated H.pylori in mice and dogs. I would like if it can do the same for human?

http://www.fasebj.org/content/30/1_Supp ... _TrendMD_0

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: SEA water eradicated H.pylori in mice and dogs

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:01 am

Interesting and fun study. But I doubt it will work on human.

If it is true, then the marine mammals should be free of Helicobacter. We cultured Helicobacter from a dolphin 3 years ago. and then we realised many scientist in the world also cultured Helicobacter from other marine mammals like whales, dugong, seal and so on.

H.P porteur
Genuine user

Post by H.P porteur » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:03 pm

Helico-expert,

Interesting that Dauphins have H.pylori. But does not that mean that this bacteria is a commensal if it is found even in marine mammals? I have not heard of gastric cancer in dauphins yet.

I have a lot of question about this bacteria. Mycobacterium.tuberculosis is known to cause TB and lung infection. But not everyone gets TB or Lung infection from having this bacteria. Cannot H.pylori be the same? Why in the same family infected with the same specie of H.pylori, some member of the family shows no symptoms at all?

Dr Rene Dubos was a famous french doctor and microbiologist. He was one of the best microbiologist in the world and he doubted much the germ theory of Louis pasteru and Koch. He wrote a nice article '' Second thoughts on germ theory''. He explained why after cold, someone could catch a pneumonia. Why after stress, someone could get an ulcer. The terrain changed, the commensal infected his host. He discussed also why radiation sickness is due to the invasion of the gut by normal bacteria, yet this normal flora caused no problem before the radiation exposure.

And if H.pylori is not resistant to Amoxicillin, why it is not well eradicated. Most people have tried 2 line even 3 line treatment and they are still sick. My sister just took Pylera in France few months ago and she is as sick as before.

The other issue is many things cause gastritis including Epstein barr virus, worms infections, protozoan infections with giardia. Bartonella for example is known to cause gastritis in animal.

Tropical sprue, probably due to an infection, was always a diseased manifested by gastritis, duodenitis.

All these questions need to be answer.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:07 pm

interesting topics to discuss.

dual drug therapy (PPI + Amox) had been tried and the cure rate is only 50%. However, recent research has shown that when PPI dosage is increased, the cure rate of PPI + Amox can increase to 80%.

it is interesting that many marine mammals carry Helicobacter. It is not understood how Helicobacter is spread in the ocean. Is Helicobacter a commensal? maybe it is... but probably during it's evolution, it pick up some bad genes and make us sick.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter”