Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Need help, going on 5th regime for h pylori

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, luci2010

Fdrolc
Genuine user

Need help, going on 5th regime for h pylori

Post by Fdrolc » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:43 am

I have H Pylori for the 5th time. Or it's never gone away.
I believe I got this in Mexico in 2005. The dr gave me the same regime the last 4 times.Quad therapy using tetracycline, flagyl, Prevacid ppi and bismuth. I just started the regime again and could only do 5 days as it triggered my SVT. I have severe diarrhea from it as well.
I am now waiting for my dr to get back to me with a new regime they just don't know what antibiotic to give me as I'm allergic to amoxicillin and I have SVT, I personally think the Svt is from the h pylori but they don't want to take any chances w the wrong meds. I am a very healthy person. I have 3 children and used to work as a fitness instructor but I've had to stop due to being so ill from this, can anyone help regarding what meds I should take.
The quad therapy is debilitating it keeps in bed for the entire two weeks, something I can't afford to do with young children.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Need help, going on 5th regime for h pylori

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:26 pm

More likely that you have antibiotic resistant HP and your treatment never work. It is better you use other antibiotics combination for your next treatment.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter”