Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

C.difficile infection after H.pylori therapy in Japan

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, luci2010

H.P porteur
Genuine user

C.difficile infection after H.pylori therapy in Japan

Post by H.P porteur » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:42 pm

This is a published article about a lady who developed C.difficile colitis after 2 treatments for H.pylori in Japan:

Successful treatment of antibiotic-associated
diarrhea with a herbal medicine,
daiobotampito

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 2.1041/pdf

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: C.difficile infection after H.pylori therapy in Japan

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:54 am

Thanks for sharing. It'll be interesting to see if anyone, taking bismuth base quadruple therapy and develop C. diff complication.

H.P porteur
Genuine user

Post by H.P porteur » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:17 am

I don't know if triple therapy including Bismuth can lower the chance of C.difficile but this bacteria is a spore forming bacteria and are very resistant and can overgrow quickly when drugs like Beta-lactams, cephalosporins, clarythromycine, Clandamycine are used. PPIs are also known as a risk factor for C.difficile as they increase susceptibility to infections. The German doctor Robert Kosh suggested lemon juice as a prophylactic measure to protect oneself from cholera infection as this bacteria was very sensible to acids.

I think if meta-analysis studies are done on patients who received H.pylori treatments, we will find many of them who developed inflammatory bowel diseases due to superinfections or overgrowth of other bugs. The microbiotome is very fragile and the usage of broad spectrum antibiotics can disturb it.

lulluby63
Genuine user

Post by lulluby63 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:00 pm

I posted early this year about my c.difficile infection. Indeed, I took Pylera to treat my HP infection, and 1 month after the end of treatment, I developed C Difficile. It was a nighmare, I could not get rid of it. To sum up, fecal transplant saved my life!!
I don't even know if I still have HP, but, anyway I just don't want to know because there is no way I undergo another strong treatment with 2 or 3 antibiotics at the same time ! My gut flora will not stand it!!

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:44 am

It's interesting to learn that 1. you had bismuth based treatment and developed C. diff complication. 2. fecal transplant "cured" your C. diff issue.

H.P porteur
Genuine user

Post by H.P porteur » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:33 am

Helico_expert wrote:It's interesting to learn that 1. you had bismuth based treatment and developed C. diff complication. 2. fecal transplant "cured" your C. diff issue.
I don't think it is strange. Not because an antibiotic kills a bug in petri dish, that it won't help it grow if it kills better its competitor. C.difficile is a spore forming bacteria. Even if Bismuth kills it in the petri dish, it will help its super growth on human tissue like amoxicilline that causes the same infection when over used despite the fact that it kills C.difficile in petri dish as well.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter”