Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Therapy done, I feel great....what now?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

mimetiva

Therapy done, I feel great....what now?

Post by mimetiva »

I just finished my two week triple therapy on Friday.
Let me tell you, it wasnt the easiest 2 weeks.
The 1st 2 days were great but omg when the 3rd day came it hit me hard, the stomach pains, nausea, gnawing feel in tummy when empty, diarrhea, exhaustion & thrush the 2nd week.

I'm just in awe that once I finished my last dose on Friday I've been great. Not 100% great/normal but it's been months since ive felt this good.

Jusy wondering if this is normal?
Is this a good sign that the h pylorie has been eradicated?
Or is this all just a coincidence?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Therapy done, I feel great....what now?

Post by Helico_expert »

glad that you are feeling great. To be sure, you will need to do another breath test to confirm HP eradication. If it's negative, then all you need to do is to wait for the total recovery and dont have to worry about re occurrence.

mimetiva

Post by mimetiva »

So if its negative at the next test does that mean I can never get it again?

Dam thing did give me an ulcer though.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

never says never. But it's very rare to get reinfection again. Even in high prevalence area like China, we have seen cases where couples were married for many years and never infect the partner.

So, as long as you maintain your personal hygiene, like brushing teeth and washing hands. especially people under the same roof. Make sure they all have good hygiene too.

lastly, dont share food with strangers or potential carriers (including domestic animals).

mimetiva

Post by mimetiva »

Went to follow up dr appt today.
I finished triple therapy a couple days ago.

Dr. said he will retest me in 3 months.

Is that to long to wait or is that pretty accurate when they rest test you?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

the minimum is 2 weeks. best outcome is 1 month. any wait longer than a month is not going to be more accurate.

mimetiva

Post by mimetiva »

2nd week since I've completed therapy and its ALL back.
1st week was awesome,I felt nearly normal but not the same anymore :cry:
Tummy pain, nausea, throwing up, no appetite & exhausted. :(

Confused?! :?:

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I am sorry to hear. but I have responded your other post.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=205992

Keteke

Need advice on what to do next

Post by Keteke »

After completing my two weeks h pylori treatment with pantoprazole, amoxicillin, and clarithromycin, I took the breadth test and tested negative. I have since develop an attack involving feeling feverish, chills, tightness in the chest and stomach, accompanied by palpitation and occasionally heat sensation in the chest. As a consequence I developed eating disorder and lost about 15kg. The attack lasts for one to two days and occurs averagely once a week.

I went to back to inform my GI about the symptoms and he placed me on pantoprazole, Chlordiazepoxide (daily) and Hyocyamine (for stomach spasm on as needed basis). I developed new symptoms, including severe constipation and unable to pass urine. After informing the GI about the new symptoms, he told me I must be having an anxiety attack he removed me from the drugs and placed me on pantoprazole and lorazepam. On my next visit to the GI, I told him I still have the original symptoms, from his conversation with me I realized he has no clue what he was doing to me. I stopped all his prescription and went to my private care physician.

My PCP run blood and urine culture for any infection, liver function, etc, and all came out negative. The whole issue is eating me up. Are these symptoms side effect of the h pylori treatment? Are they going to go away after a while and if not what do I have do to get rid of them?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

some people can develop reflux symptoms (or heart burn) after HP treatment. so prescribing pantoprazole is the solution. If all the scans and tests turn out fine, then i guess there is nothing serious to worry about. try some herbal or probiotics and see if it helps.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”