Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Suffering Helicobacter pylori 2+ years, Very Resistant Strain which Rifabutin has not cured.

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, luci2010

vortextubes
Genuine user

Re: Suffering Helicobacter pylori 2+ years, Very Resistant Strain which Rifabutin has not cured.

Post by vortextubes » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:36 pm

Hi @helico_expert,

I have also just finished my 2nd treatment last month after the 1st treatment apparently didn't eradicate H.Pylori in my stomach. Both cases were tested after following through gastroscopy. I was told the hospitals here in Indonesia don't have the capability to culture the bacteria to know its antibiotic resistence.

Can you give me a hospital or doctor recommendation? I want to get another endoscopy in January or February to see if the 2nd treatment was successful and in the case that it still survives the antibiotics, I want to have them cultured to test for antibiotic resistance. If you don't know anyone here that you recommend, can I come to the Marshall clinic in Perth to get it done? If so, who should I contact to prepare for the trip?

Your help is very much appreciated. My life has turned for the worse since the symptoms arose in July last year and I really want to get my life back to normal, Sir..

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Suffering Helicobacter pylori 2+ years, Very Resistant Strain which Rifabutin has not cured.

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:24 am

Hi, unfortunately I cannot recommend anybody. You can make appointment to see Prof. Marshall. However, because he is working in public hospital, the queue is very long. You can contact the secretary to find out the procedure of making appointments.

Rochelle Beckman <rochelle.beckman(AT)uwa.edu.au>

H.P porteur
Genuine user

Post by H.P porteur » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:45 am

Vortextube,

I think that antibiotics are the waste of time. You have tried many cocktails of different antibiotics and you are still sick. Something is wrong with these therapies of H.pylori. For example, if I have a tooth abcess with an infection, I take 10 days amoxicillin and the bacteria is gone. With H.pylori, I am reading some taking even 4 antibiotics for 2 weeks and still they are sick. That is not normal. Any scientist or microbiologist will tell you that is wrong. Either, H.pylori has a better way to persist or the treatment is short or treatment simply does not work.

I believe that these multi cocktail of antibiotics are dangerous. They will create more superbugs because they are not eradicating the bacteria. And bacteria shares resistance genes with each other and with other species.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:25 am

This website is managed by me, a microbiologist. Here I have to tell you that antibiotics work for eradicating H. pylori.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter”