Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Suffering Helicobacter pylori 2+ years, Very Resistant Strain which Rifabutin has not cured.

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, luci2010

James88
Genuine user

Suffering Helicobacter pylori 2+ years, Very Resistant Strain which Rifabutin has not cured.

Post by James88 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:34 am

Hi All,

I am 29 and have been suffering from Helicobacter pylori for over two years, originally I had stomach pain when drinking Alcohol for a few months and I had Gastric bleeding after going to the DR they said I needed a Colonscopy/Endoscopy this showed up a Peptic Ulcer.

The Gastro DR originally gave me Pariet to treat this and after a few months the ulcer pain disappeared. I had a few alcoholic drinks and then the ulcer pain came right back far worse. They gave me a breath test and it came back positive for Helicobacter pylori once aggain, so this is when they originally said I needed to do the original treatment kit from Nexium for Stage 1 Helicobacter pylori 4 tablets in the morning and 4 at night antibiotics treatment (1st stage treatment). I continued to have stomach pain so they put me on Nexium 20MG for around 6 months.

Now the pain went away I stopped taking Nexium. Then the pain came back I had another breath test and I was still positive for Helicobacter pylori, So the DR put me on another treatment (stage 2 treatment kit) they said I needed another Colonscopy/Endoscopy.

After then they DR then said I might have Crohn's so I was sent for a special stomach MRI where they tested, I also had stool samples and other random tests. The tests all came back clear for Crohns and clear for anything within stool.

I did all this and then the pain is still their so I basically was put on another 3rd line treatment which has Rifabutin + some other drugs. I found to have pretty bad side effects on Rifabutin though I toughed it out and did the 14 day course side effects lasted 10 days. Now 1 month later I get another breath test done and I am STILL POSITIVE for Helicobacter pylori. The funny thing is I have not really had stomach pain of ulcer related pain in the last 3 months since the last treatment.

I got back to the Gastro Dr and he already has two more scripts written out for me with some other random treatments which he said have side effects one apparently makes your tounge black, I am going from Stage 3 treatments to another Stage 2 treatment which did not seem right to me.

I said we need a more strategic approach to this, so I want to have them do a Endoscopy and take a biopsy and then grow the bacteria in a lab and once this is done they can do some Antibiotics sensitivity testing on it and see what works and what does not work on the biopsy. A call to DR Marshall's office confirmed this is a good strategy yesterday.

I am also concerned because when I was 18 I was assaulted and as a result left with a badly broken jaw, I contracted Golden Staph infection at the hospital and they used a rare Antibiotics to treat this staph infection, apparently these antibiotics are stronger than Rifabutin and sit in the same group.

The Gastro DR said to me most people in my case simply just give up and do not try and more treatments they just go on PPI's like Nexium for the rest of their lives, Been only 29 I do not think I can take this as an option so I am prepared to throw everything at it to get rid of Helicobacter pylori.

Helicobacter pylori has impacted my life I feel like it has brought on anxiety and caused me a lot of worry, I also have read two books on it and read numerous online journals so I do feel like I have a good understanding I just want to get rid of it from my system.

Anyone else been in a similar situation where the Rifabutin treatment has not worked? What did you do?
Last edited by James88 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Suffering Helicobacter pylori 2+ years, Very Resistant Strain which Rifabutin has not cured.

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:22 am

I think the best strategy would be growing up the bacteria and find out exactly what antibiotics works for you. Prof.Marshall's clinic has been doing this for many years and among all the difficult patients, we have a a cure rate of over 90%.

James88
Genuine user

Re: Suffering Helicobacter pylori 2+ years, Very Resistant Strain which Rifabutin has not cured.

Post by James88 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:33 am

Helico_expert wrote:I think the best strategy would be growing up the bacteria and find out exactly what antibiotics works for you. Prof.Marshall's clinic has been doing this for many years and among all the difficult patients, we have a a cure rate of over 90%.
Thanks for the reply, do you recommend a good lab in Sydney Australia who is capable for growing up the bacteria.

I called Prof Marshalls clinic and they said it can take 3-4 months for the results to be determined and treatment recommendations as they are very busy, I am keen to try and resolve this quicker if possible and get an exact treatment rather then trying numerous antibiotics that do not work and in turn make the bacteria more resistant.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:13 am

Hi,

It'll take 3-4 weeks to grow the cells up with antibiotic sensitivity data. So it will be around a month time to discuss treatment plan with doctors.

barjammar
Site Admin

Post by barjammar » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:26 am

Just stay on PPI, Nexium or rabeprazole 20mg bd and check back with us in February - we might have some new combinations ready to go. High dose PPI suppresses H.pylori in many people. But it's not a cure.
Check the link below for information on hard-to-treat cases. Then search the forums for questions and answers similar to yours.
http://www.helico.com/forums/docs/20080 ... atment.pdf

H.P porteur
Genuine user

Post by H.P porteur » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:38 pm

H.pylori theorists claim that the more you throw at it different combinations, the highly you will get success in eradicating it and they use probability methods where combining them can give up to 90 or 100% success rate of eradication. Your case and many cases I am reading proves that this insanity of H.pylori and trying to eradicate a phantom bacteria is useless. That is voodoo not science man. How science fell so low lately?!!!

Giardia parasite cause gastritis. Maybe you have it. Maybe you have a worm infection. Most parasites cause gastritis. Maybe you have epstein-barr virus. Read the work of Dr Bruno Donatini about what this virus can do. This virus will destroy your VAGUS NERVE and you will have gastritis and all kind of intestinal problems including motility problems and gastroparesis.

Do not think of the ONE BUG theory. You can read even here that the tests are not accurate including the so called breathing test. How they claim some people have low recording yet they are very sick and some with a lot of gas, have no symptoms? This proves that this test is another fraud and that TAX PAYERS are paying something with no consistent results. How then a doctor can know if you are positive or negative using a test when you can be highly positive and yet have no symptoms?

If you continue taking these mitochondrial toxic antibiotics at high dose, you will end up in a wheelchair or dead. These are toxic poisons and target your mitochondria which was once upon time a bacteria. Mitochondrial diseases are found only in human. No animal in the wild has any mitochondrial diseases.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:26 pm

I am sorry, but there are many successful stories about antibiotic treatment on H. pylori.

In addition, Doctors would normally diagnose H. pylori with an accurate test before giving the antibiotics.

James88
Genuine user

Post by James88 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:37 am

I am keen to eradicate H-pylori due to on going stomach issues I have researched it enough over the last two years to know I need to eradicate it.

I am booked in for an endoscopy and they will then do some antibiotic sensitivity testing on a biopsy, this will hopefully provide a solution.

I am not keen to keep trying different drugs and testing what works hence I am going for the sensitivity testing, though that been said I only ever took these for a very short term 7-14 days and also followed up with pre and post blood tests to ensure everything is fine as a precautionary step. Ideally I would like to be drug free and not take anything at all long term.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:05 am

Hi James,

All the best. Please update us your endoscopy result later on.

artmuz36
Genuine user

Post by artmuz36 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:09 pm

Hello! Very interesting topic, thank you raised it
MyCVSHR
Last edited by artmuz36 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter”