Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Confused and worried( question for experts)

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

hopetoheal

Confused and worried( question for experts)

Post by hopetoheal »

Hello,
I got my drg lab test report and according to it my h pylori strain is resistant to several antibiotics ( clarithromycin, imidazole, nitroimidazole). It is however susceptible to tetracycline, b lactamase, flouroquinolones and vancomycin. I am allergic to amoxicillin ( which is a b lactamase antibiotic). I have never heard anyone taking vancomycin for h pylori. What are my treatment options? Before I see my doctor, I want to do my own research.
Thanks in advance.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Confused and worried( question for experts)

Post by Helico_expert »

You are right. Helicobacter is naturally resistant to vancomycin. In fact we use vancomycin to kill off the contaminants from mouth so Helicobacter can survive in the laboratory.

hopetoheal

Post by hopetoheal »

My husband and I both did that test and most probably we have the same strain. His strain is also shown susceptible to vancomycin. Do you think it is possible at all?
Have you seen any therapy including levofloxacin and tetracycline.? I am really scared because both of them are very strong antibiotics.

shid0x

Post by shid0x »

hopetoheal wrote:My husband and I both did that test and most probably we have the same strain. His strain is also shown susceptible to vancomycin. Do you think it is possible at all?
Have you seen any therapy including levofloxacin and tetracycline.? I am really scared because both of them are very strong antibiotics.
Well your husband can probably do the sequential therapy
1 week of amoxicilin and 1 week of levofloxacin, it works pretty great.

I guess technically speaking you could do the same with levo and tetra.
Taking them at the same time would be pretty harsh on you.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

we sometimes use vancomycin to remove contaminant from biopsy so Helicobacter pylori can grow. Take a look at this Helicobacter pylori supplement that we purchase.
http://www.oxoid.com/UK/blue/prod_detai ... UK&lang=EN

Helicobacter pylori is naturally resistant to vancomycin. So I am not sure why the laboratory tell you that it is susceptible to vancomycin.

Levofloxacin is a good alternative, but H. pylori can gain resistant very easily.

Tetracycline is also a very good alternative because H. pylori is very difficult to become resistant to it.

Tip to increase cure rate.

1. Double the PPI dosage to 40 mg 3 times a day or use a stronger PPI such as Rabeprazole 20 mg 3 times a day.
2. Increase the amoxicillin dosage to 1g, 3 times a day
3. Include bismuth in your treatment. H. pylori will never become resistant to this and in addition, bismuth can prevent C. difficle infection after heavy usage of antibiotics.

hopetoheal

Post by hopetoheal »

Thank you so much helico_expert. The problem is that I cannot take amoxicillin. My strain is susceptible to it but I am allergic to it. Don't know if they do sequential therapy using tetracycline and levofloxacin.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I am sorry. Yea, so your choice would be PPI + Bismuth + 2 other antibiotics. Tetracycline and levofloxacin are good choice.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”