Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Boosting the triple therapy ( theory )

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

shid0x

Boosting the triple therapy ( theory )

Post by shid0x »

Hello everyone, i am here today to present you an idea i had in order to improve the success rate of the triple therapy without having to endure the side effects of the quadruple therapy.

I myself had been diagnosticated with h.pylori about a year ago, was prescribed the classical triple therapy, it failed and then i went on to Pylera.
Now pylera works great and it eradicated my pylori but the treatment has been an hassle and i was out for 5 days, couldn't even walk in the street due to the headaches metro is well known for.

As someone who did study microbiology myself i wondered if there had been another way to solve this since the first treatment almost cured me ( I was only a few units behind the negative limit on the breath test ), I had the feeling that somehow pylera was overkill and obscure way.

My first idea was to use a natural antibiotic supplement to the classic triple therapy in order to get better healing rates, and the best and easiest natural antibiotic out there is Allicin (which is an element found in garlic ).
Little did i know i was not the only one who thought of the ideas and some scientists did the experiments before me, and it has really interesting results.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11811084
This first study divided its patient in different groups in order to see the influence of supplement on a classic triple therapy.
Here is where it gets really interesting ; The group that was given the standard triple therapy + Allicin got a 90% cure rate whereas the group with the classical triple therapy alone only cured 66.6 %.
Scientist also tested a simple therapy with only Allicin and this one had 23% cure rate thus confirming that Allicin was effective against H.pilory but should be taken with triple therapy for the best results.

I am reminding you that this heavy quadruple therapy ( Pylera ) only has a score of 86%.

http://jac.oxfordjournals.org/content/43/6/837.full
This is a second study that focused on Allicin and helicobacter and even tried a double therapy regiment of omeprazole + Garclic for 7 days.

I quote :
the presence of omeprazole (200 mg/L), garlic 2000 or 4000 mg/L, or combinations of both (see Figure, part a), no growth of H. pylori was observed after 24- 48 h. In the presence of omeprazole 100 mg/L (see Figure, part b), the number of H. pylori decreased slowly to zero within 7 days and a slight decrease of H. pylori was found in the presence of garlic 500 mg/L during the first 24- 48 h. In the presence of garlic 1000 mg/L the number of H. pylori decreased to 0- 10 1 cfu/mL during the first 3 days but rose again thereafter. A synergic effect was found when both omeprazole 100 mg/L and garlic 500 or 1000 mg/L were added, showing no bacterial growth after 24- 48 h.
The scientist also discovered a synergy between Omeprazole and garlic, the allicin was more effective when used with the PPI this phenomenon probably explaining the 23% of ailicin alone in the first study.

Now on a global scale ( and not H.Pylori ) Allicin and garlic are recognized to be sometimes 100% faster and more effective than traditional antibiotics when it comes to bacterial infections.

Why is is interesting ?

-Because Pylera is expensive
-Because Allicin has WAY LESS SIDE EFFECTS than Metronidazole and Bismuth hence allowing you to have a normal life.
-Because garlic is cheap and good for your overall health.
And most importantly because it is Highly UNLIKELY that bacterias will develop a resistance to Allicin thanks to its complex proprieties ( as it does not only inhibits the bacteria but litteraly cut them up and inhibits some enzymes ) you can read about it here sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1286457999800033

In conclusion i think that garlic has an effect on H.pylori but it should not be used alone, neither should it be used in a double therapy.
The triple therapy given by your doctor should be complemented by Garlic in order to have the 90% eradication rate.
About the quantity if we follow the first study it should be 1000mg / day. A cloth of garlic weights about 3g in general so 1.5 in the morning and 1.5 cloth in the evening seems like a decent way to get 1000mg of allicin in your system.

I advise you to try, garlic for seven days is harmless and will not cause you any wrong ( try to avoid taking it on an empty stomach tho).
Last edited by shid0x on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Boosting the triple therapy ( theory )

Post by Helico_expert »

Very interesting idea. Thanks for your contribution.

Helen in Holland

triple therapy worked. adding to it allicin - HP is a stage 1 carcinogen

Post by Helen in Holland »

I had Helicobacter for 7 years. I had every test. All came back negative.
Eventually I paid privately for endiscopy and HP tissue results came back positive.
And took the triple treatment 5 years ago, 2013. Treatment was 1 week, thankfully it worked.

But HP had gave me hell for years. And eventually could not even eat. And I believe I was diagnosed with B cell lymphoma in 2014 as a result of 7 years of having this horrible bug. As HP affects your immune system cos you it kills stomach acid % and 80% of the immune system is created in the human gut.

So yes HP is now classified as a stage 1 carcinogen by the world health organisation. So take HP seriously.

Anyway glad to say I had the triple therapy, one week clarithomyscin, amoxicillin and ompererazole.
Symptom free for 5 years!

Now living in Holland. And on the same weeks course, as a result of severe reflux and gastritis. Doctor wouldn’t prescribe it without tests so I had the prescription emailed from England - crazy a doctor won’t prescribe with clear presenting symptoms.
I will add to triple therapy, the supplement Allicin Max, 180mg allicin per tablet. As studies on pub med showing 90% cure rate with this aupllement as well. You can buy Allicin Max (180mg Allicin) online on on Amazon. It’s great it clears up colds immediately too.

My final thoughts. If you have continual reflux and the tests come back negative don’t believe always test results. You may have HP. I had the Helicobacter Elsa text twice and breath test. All negative.

While I was having these tests I had raging stomach gastritis with awful reflux too.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

You may not be producing enough acid in your stomach. The breath test rely on acidic stomach to work. Alternatively, you can get a stool test. Stool test is not dependent on the acidic stomach.

In addition, when did you last do your endoscopy? perhaps you are due for another one.

Ch76

Post by Ch76 »

Thank you very much for sharing this information.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”