Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Good and (really) bad days after my H. Pylori treatment

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Good and (really) bad days after my H. Pylori treatment

Post by Helico_expert »

if you have ulcers, yes, you are required to take PPI for a month or until it heals.

if you have post treatment reflux or heart burn, yes, control symptom with PPI.

alecvolk

Post by alecvolk »

Alright folks. Time for an update.

Since my last post I have gone through an endoscopy and a breath test. Both came out H. Pylori negative! All the biopsies were clean. The endoscopy did show mild gastritis. I do feel better than the last time I posted. The good days have gone up in number. The bad days are less frequent and the symptoms are much less intense. I do get some bloating and burning in my upper abdomen from time to time. My appetite is still erratic and varies day by day. And my tongue turns white when my symptoms flare up.

I updated my GI about these symptoms. He mentioned that some people do suffer from post-infectious irritable bowel after their H. Pylori treatment. It seems that's what I've been suffering from (or is it the mild gastritis that's causing these issues?). My GI did suggest a trial of Xifaxan but I passed. Nevertheless, I can't say I don't see any improvement. There is improvement albeit slow.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Last edited by alecvolk on Sat May 21, 2016 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Congratulation in getting rid of H. pylori. Sometimes, your stomach just need time to adjust/repair itself back to bacteria free status again.

Some people find probiotics helpful. I personally find Mint tea helpful. Hope that helps.

alecvolk

Post by alecvolk »

Helico_expert wrote:Congratulation in getting rid of H. pylori. Sometimes, your stomach just need time to adjust/repair itself back to bacteria free status again.

Some people find probiotics helpful. I personally find Mint tea helpful. Hope that helps.
Helico_expert: Thanks for your response. Is IBS a common occurrence after H. Pylori treatment? And how long does it take to go away? Not sure if my symptoms are being caused by IBS or the mild gastritis that I'm diagnosed with.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Some people does develop IBS after heavy antibiotic treatment. We believe it's because the microflora has become imbalanced after the treatment. Some people improve the condition by adjusting the diet or probiotics

alecvolk

Post by alecvolk »

Thought I should give another update.

Been feeling much better. The only issues I'm facing is some bloating and gas. My bowel movements are close to normal. I feel I'm 95% there (unless I have the usual setback). Some changes I made which may have helped: added magnesium, fish oil, and multivitamin supplements to my diet. I have continued taking probiotics. Now I'm waiting to see if I get any bad days, which would tell me if I've fully recovered or not.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Thanks for your update. We desperately need positive stories like yours. Hope you'll reach 100% soon.

alecvolk

Post by alecvolk »

Thanks for all the support. I just want to reiterate for others that the recovery can be incredibly slow. You may have set backs from time to time. Expect them and don't be discouraged. I won't say I'm 100% there. But I feel much better than when I began the treatment.

shid0x

Post by shid0x »

sam-w wrote:Is it now accepted as evidence-based medicine on the need to take PPIs post H Pylori treatment to heal the stomach? For example, is this addressed in a Cochrane Review?

Thanks

Its only logical, the wonds are caused by your stomach acidiy, you have to reduce it for it to heal easily ( and heal at all tbh ).
Helicobacter per say doesn't inflict any pain, its your own stomach that does it.

Also OP don't worry, been there done that post helicobacter is really a shitty time and it goes on for a while...
If the bug is gone don't worry you'll get back to normal but it takes more time than doctor tells you :)

alecvolk

Post by alecvolk »

Helico_expert wrote:Thanks for your update. We desperately need positive stories like yours. Hope you'll reach 100% soon.
Helico_expert: A quick update. I had been feeling much better until today. I had fish and rice for dinner last night. In the morning I woke up with pain in my stomach and diarrhea. I also vomited three to four times, and saw small solid chunks of fish I had last night. Right now I have no appetite, feel super nauseous, pain in my stomach, and watery stools.

I just feel really sick. I texted my GI and he mentioned that it doesn't sounds like food poisoning (no blood in stool/ no fever) but said it could be due to bacterial pathogens (whatever that means?). I hope I recover from this soon! I'm mortified that I may have an H. Pylori reinfection. Have had no sexual relations since my eradication.

Let me know what you think.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”