Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Good and (really) bad days after my H. Pylori treatment

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

shid0x

Re: Good and (really) bad days after my H. Pylori treatmen

Post by shid0x »

alecvolk wrote:
Helico_expert wrote:Hi,

Unfortunately you have to control your symptoms with PPI. It is not know. Why patient develop acid reflux after treatment. But half of the patient recover after a while. Hopefully you'll be back to normal within a year.
Helico: In my case, what's the likelihood of reinfection? And can an episode of gastroenteritis flare up gastritis and stomach issues that were almost resolved after my treatment?
I asked your question to a biologist after checking he said that helicobacter that were resistant to at least 2 course had between 0.4 and 10% of coming back and its not like its a re-infection but most likely the first strain didn't get completely wiped out.

Still its very low odds, if you're worrying you can do the UTB any doctor will give it to you since its cheap.
Some doc recommend UTB a month after and 4 month after to be completely sure.

Castro V

Re: Good and (really) bad days after my H. Pylori treatment

Post by Castro V »

Hi my name is Oscar I’m new here
But I do want to share my story, I finished my treatment (triple therapy) 2 weeks ago,
I never thought this was going to be a problem
I feel so wear and a lot of anxiety and I wanted to ask
If this is normal after treatment or I’m going crazy.
I had to stopped my school but keeping my faith in God that I will return to my normal life soon

Before treatment I was not like this.
I feel like after treatment I started to feel wear feeling
Weakness and loosing weight.
Please let me know if you went true this
Specially anxiety.

Thank you

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

your story is interesting. I wonder if it has something to do with the gut brain theory.

Some scientist believes that the intestines have as many brain cells as your brain. And these gut brain is constantly being stimulated by the guts bacteria. if it is true, perhaps the antibiotics have changed your guts flora and your guts brain is experiencing the "change".

Try give yourself a few days for the guts bacteria to come back. There are study that suggest that guts microbiome comes back within a month after the antibiotic treatment.

Perhaps you can try some natural products or probiotics to help ease your anxiety.

Castro V

Post by Castro V »

Thank you.
I will keep you posted when i get the H pylori eradication test back.
I'm praying GOD EVERYDAY that this bug is gone and out of my System.

Blueframe

Post by Blueframe »

You’re not alone, I’ve also been experiencing depression since I started the treatment. This is finals weeks and unfortunately I have no motivation to study. I feel completely different, in asad way. I avoid interaction with anyone, it’s like nothing is exciting anymore.

This sucks :cry:

Castro V

Post by Castro V »

Blueframe wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:06 pm
You’re not alone, I’ve also been experiencing depression since I started the treatment. This is finals weeks and unfortunately I have no motivation to study. I feel completely different, in asad way. I avoid interaction with anyone, it’s like nothing is exciting anymore.

This sucks :cry:
I know, but but nevertheless after two months since I finished treatment.
I feel a lot better than before.
Thanks you JESUS!!!
Just hang in there and be positive and don’t use Dr. Google to diagnoses every little symptoms.
I just to do the same and I was adding to my anxiety and stress and I was getting depressed.
I’m not 100% yet but I feel a lot better.

This antibiotics are not a joke for some people like me,
Did wreck my gut . But for others do nothing.

Thanks-and God bless

Hopeless

Post by Hopeless »

Hello all,

I'm very new to this forum and this is my first time posting.
Earlier this year, I was diagnosed with possible Irregular Bowel Movement .
Every thing I ate  would upset my stomach.  Had to to to the bathroom all the time and still had the "urge " .
I was extremely gassy,bloating and burped after eating or drinking water.  The only liquids  that I drink now are orange juice and water and I drink a lot of water now.
I was afraid to eat.  I lost so much weight and took alot of time off work.I made an appointment to see a Gastroenterologist
Blood test and stool test were done and he found no parasites, no infections, you name it .
He suggested that I would follow low fodmap diet. It was hard,the progress was slow, I have been taking align probiotic and Ibgard. It helped, very slowly though. He suggested I should have colonoscopy done to rule out, but he suspected that I might have irregular bowel movement.  Miraculously, I felt so much better after months of suffering.  There are days I did not have to take Ibgard so I cancelled my colonoscopy appointment.  Now depending on what I eat,IBM would  come back  but to a much more manageable degrees .
About a month ago,  I had a tooth extraction. I took 21 antibiotic in 1 week and use chlorhexidine gluconate. 12% to rinse my mouth. Because the mouth wash made my mouth extremely dry,I created a habit of testing my breath and saliva after smelling  an unpleasant odor came from my mouth.
Well long story short, thru the tooth extraction healing process, I discovered I have a fece -smell like throat. Hence, my saliva smells the same.
My surgical site is heal, my teeth are perfect, and I have no dental issues. 
The stinky smell from the back of my throat remains stronger than ever.
I have no sinus infection, no recent cold.  I reached out to my Gastroenterologist and he ordered a breath test for h pylori. I have to wait 2 more weeks to take the test because of my recent antibiotic usage.  Out of desperation,  I took baking soda , just only for 2 days. Now I have to stop the baking soda and wait until the end of the month to take the breath test. :(
I'm so desperate and depressed.
There's no other self esteem killer can be compared to bad breath.
Initially, I asked a very close friend of mine if I have bad breath.  She said no. I even blow air to her face. She said it's in my head. I wish it's the case. You might not smell my stinky breath if we talk face to face but my date might,considering  a much  more intimate distance. I have to push back my vacation trip with a guy I know for a long time, but only recently hit off. I'm praying that I test positive for h pylori, at least I know I  would be  treated. If not, I don't know what else to do.
I'm thinking about telling him I have digestive issue that I m not comfortable to kiss unless I know it's cure. I'm not going to mention h pylori or any thing.i would let him decide if he would like to proceed with the trip with no intimacy and knowing I'm not comfortable to kiss, or he can give me more time . At least now I let him know what to expect.
I have been pushed back our trip many many times . This is the time to determine if we are meant to be or not.
I want to share this with you to outline how depressing it can be when we know we have bad breath :(
No social life,no intimate life.
In the mean time, I'm taking manuka honey 2 times a day.
I know I'm in denial but what's the odd that  your partner can not detect your stinky breath that came from the back of your throat ,and the smelly saliva from kissing?  I stick my finger to the back of my throat and the smell makes me want to throw up. When I lick my hand, it smells the same :(
Who in here  have dated/kissed someone with strong odor came from the back of the partner 's throat? Can you please share your experience?
Thanks all for reading.
Please share your experience

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you have heard of tonsil stones? maybe you can get a doctor or dentist to have a look at your throat. It's harmless, but it has quite an unpleasant smell. Unfortunately there is nothing much you can do about it. It comes and goes. I think a regular mouth wash is the best you can do. Try not to think too much about it. There more you think about it, the more it bothers you. The stress can cascade into a variety of gastric disorders, including IBS.

Hopeless

Post by Hopeless »

The dentist said I'm fine. I will see her this week for teeth cleaning and will ask her about it. I even do coconut oil pulling. The mouthwash clean the tounge but the smell will soon come back bc it's from my throat.
I read somewhere this person drank ginger juice in the morning. I will do that,along with turmeric and manuka honey while waiting for my 2 weeks to pass for the breath test.
Thank you so much for your inputs. I will update the progress, or lack of :)

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

looking forward to hearing your updates

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”