Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H-Pylori and GI symptoms- 18 months of suffering

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

lev30ro

H-Pylori and GI symptoms- 18 months of suffering

Post by lev30ro »

Hi everyone,

Over the past 18 months I was constantly losing weight (15kg). I've been seeing doctors after doctors, blood tests after blood tests, Ct Scan, Colonoscopy, X-rays and finally endoscopy(after 18 months)
My symptoms were:
Intestinal gas, bloating, constipation, migraines, malabsorption,never hungry , stomach felt always full.

At my request to see the Endoscopy document I realized that I have H-Pylori infection with mild acute chronic gastritis .
The GI doctor and my family doctor did not considered H-Pylori as result of my symptoms(nothing dangerous) and I was scheduled to see the GI doctor for a random check for August 2015(3 months after endoscopy with H-Pylori Positive).

Anyway , finally I got the triple treatment and my question is:
Since I am so weak, my stomach acid is extremely low I am not digesting anything, is the Acid reducer is still necessary?
Taking the Acid reducer before food is making everything worse, I have no digestion at all I am constantly losing weight

Thank you for your answers,
Levi.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: H-Pylori and GI symptoms- 18 months of suffering

Post by Helico_expert »

Briefly, some antibiotics work better in neutral environment, for example Amoxicillin and ciprofloxacin. In addition, studies have shown that double dose PPI kill H. pylori even more effectively. The mechanism is unknown, but the hypothesis is that H. pylori makes too much alkaline and killed itself.

let's see if the treatment will improve your appetite. if not, perhaps you need to see a dietitian.

sunshine37

Post by sunshine37 »

Helico_expert wrote:Briefly, some antibiotics work better in neutral environment, for example Amoxicillin and ciprofloxacin. In addition, studies have shown that double dose PPI kill H. pylori even more effectively. The mechanism is unknown, but the hypothesis is that H. pylori makes too much alkaline and killed itself.

let's see if the treatment will improve your appetite. if not, perhaps you need to see a dietitian.
...when you say double dose of PPI, do you mean 40 mg twice per day? If so, I could buy 20 mg over the counter and take two of those in the evening, in addition to my 40 mg once per day prescription. And the two antibiotics (Clarithomycin and Metronizadol) along with Pepto Bismol. (along with that, maybe eating a more alkaline diet during treatment could help...i will be taking manuka honey, propolis, and a lot of other things, plus a probiotic and kefir).

thank you!

sunshine

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Although PPI is considered very safe. You should always consult your family GP about double dosing PPI, as he knows your body condition the best.

lev30ro

Post by lev30ro »

I've been reading that the antibiotics should be taken on the empty stomach 1 hour before meal and there will be better results.

The doctors dosen't say anything about this....

What do you think?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

this question have been asked frequently. The guideline says before meal. But we have been giving after meal. It shows no difference in cure rate. Prof. Marshall thinks that the food in the stomach may prolong the presence of antibiotics in the stomach a bit longer and perhaps help in killing the H. pylori.

lev30ro

Post by lev30ro »

Hi everyone,

It's been 3 weeks after the treatment and my stomach acid is still extremely low. I am not taking any acid inhibitor , I am trying to naturally raise the stomach acid with Vit C (Acid ascorbic) and apple cider vinegar.
How long it takes until stomach acid it start raising? My digestion is extremely poor, I am keep losing weight ....lost 20kg already.

Thanks,
Levi

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi Levi,

Do you know if your treatment work? have you done a follow up breath test to find out if you are still positive?

lev30ro

Post by lev30ro »

Hello,

I will do the test on the 5th of August, (1 month from the treatment).
I noticed little changes:
I am hungry often, No stomach discomfort, stool regularity, overall better shape, I gained 1,5lb.

Thanks,

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

good news then. Please keep us posted with your breath test result.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”