Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Monotherapy with Bismuth

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

H.P porteur

Monotherapy with Bismuth

Post by H.P porteur »

Hello dear Doctor Marshall,

I have a question: Could a patient eradicate H.pylori by PPI and Bismuth? The reason why I wont do triple therapy is candida. I took first triple therapy line and Candida went wild and I had to treat it for one year to put it under control. I cannot experience the same problem again. I thought maybe with high dose of bismuth and PPI , I could eradicate H.pylori?

Japanese company Snowden Co, claims that it has a probiotic that can eradicate H.pylori. It was isolated from a man who is resistant to infection by H.pylori. What do you think about that?

Is there a gentle strain of H.pylori that can act like a probiotic against aggressive and pathogenic H.pylori?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Monotherapy with Bismuth

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi, I had a quick word with Prof. Marshall the other day and he thinks that a monotherapy with bismuth will probably have a cure rate of 30%.

H.P porteur

Post by H.P porteur »

Thank you for your reply Helico expert.

Then it is not encouraging to take Bismuth alone with only 30% rate of eradication. I tried HPAC in 2009, I felt great during the treatment, but relapsed 2 weeks after the treatment. Endoscopy found no trace of H.pylori. Then I took Artemesia.annual, I felt amazing also, then the bug ( I presume H.pylori) became resistant to Artemesinin in the tea.

You said that H.pylori cannot become resistant to Amoxicillin. One article claims that there are some resistant strains to Amoxicillin.

Have you heard of Liposomal linoleic acid? This molecule killed H.pylori in 4 minutes and the article claims that H.pylori cannot develop resistance to it. I hope soon it will be available because taking many antibiotics, we end up with candida which happened to me and the triple therapy is not eradicating well the bacteria.

Scientists should focus on strong anti-urease molecule that can block H.pylori from making ammonia.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I would suggest you to do a follow up breath test to find out if your treatment was successful.

I dont believe H. pylori is able to become resistant to Amoxicillin. Those paper which claim resistance strain normally have a lower cut off value.

No i have not heard of Liposomal linoliec acid and Artemesinin. I had a quick look and they do sound promising. So thank you for letting me know.

here is an in vivo study of LipoLLA
http://www.pnas.org/content/111/49/17600.long

although the in vivo study did not eradicate H. pylori, it showed the ability to reduce bacteria load significantly. Perhaps it can be used in conjunction with current available treatment to boost the cure rate.

in regards to anti-urease strategy, it has been tried many years ago when it was first discovered. However, because H. pylori turn off urease gene when they are underneath the mucous layer where the pH is 7. So, inhibiting urease gene doesnt help much.

in conclusion, no monotherapy is efficient enough to kill off H. pylori. A cocktail therapy is required to completely eradicate H. pylori.

H.P porteur

Post by H.P porteur »

You are welcome.

Regarding anti-urease therapy, what about if the patient takes diluted HCL? I read that HCL was the universal antiseptic. It has been proven in animals like vulture that devours dead carcass of animals, they never get any food intoxication due to their high acid content in the stomach which is 20% times higher than human stomach. If the only key of H.pylori residency inside the stomach is its ability to use Urease and therefore protects itself from it, I think It might be very susceptible to HCL if we can target her Urease and disable any strategies it can use buffer it.

I read also about one Japanese man being resistant to infection by H.pylori. They isolated the probiotic from his feces which was responsible for him being resistant to infection by H.pylori. I believe that we can easily found a probiotic with a PROFOUND multri action against H.pylori. I also believe that the rise in H.pylori was probably due to the increase use of antibiotics that destroyed the micro flora which was not yet understood during the beginning of 19th century. Like C.difficile, it can live in harmony in the body but can increase and become the cause of Pseudomembranous colitis after antibiotic use. The same with candida. Old studies use to call it Moniliasis ( Candidiasis) and it was a big problem of antibiotic usage. Unfortunately, new publications hardly mention this side effect and claim that only people with weak immune system. However, if you try to find old research about Moniliasis, we found few hundreds of them speaking of this side effect related to antibiotic usage in healthy people who were immonocompetent.
Last edited by H.P porteur on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

very interesting questions you have.

why H. pylori doesnt cause fever? I guess it's because it's not acute enough. Some people does get acute immuno response and H. pylori has no chance of surviving. In cases like this, the person will probably get fever. For most people who gets the chronic immune response on H. pylori, it survives in the stomach forever.

How H. pylori survive in the stomach is really a myth. First, they absorbed urea like a sponge. So there is no free urea around in the stomach. Any H. pylori swimming freely outside the mucous will almost be killed within 5 minutes. Those living under the protection of mucous, do not need urease. That's why the urease inhibitors used in the early days doesnt work.
In vivo a single 750 mg dose of AHA inhibits H pylori urease in infected patients by 86%.

It is already known that urease inhibitors alone do not clear existing Helicobacter infections.
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ter_pylori

in regards to a man resistant to H. pylori, i find it hard to believe. Kindly share the article with me if possible.
The reason for my disbelieve is
1. only H. pylori colonise in the stomach. no other probiotics were proven to be able to colonize in the stomach.
2. we have done a human trial where we reinfect human with their own H. pylori strain. We hypothesize that since the patient has already build up antibodies best against his own H. pylori, perhaps there is some level of protection against reinfection with his own strain. So, we cured the patient, then reintroduce the strain 3 months later. However, the trial showed that the immune system doesnt not protect the patient against his own H. pylori.

H.P porteur

Post by H.P porteur »

Thanks again for your reply and your time. I really do appreciate it.

I cannot be sure if I still have H.pylori that is causing my troubles or not ( Endoscopy post HPAC was negative for H.pylori, Chronic gastritis was found). But I know they can easily miss it during biopsy. Taking Artemesia annual tea made me also wonder if it was still president because this tea was so potent and I felt cured for 2 weeks while taking it then it stopped working so I assume the bug is resistant to artemesinin in it.

Matula tea did nothing and was a big waste of money. Mastic gum did nothing also.

New publication makes a clear link between H.pylori and Chronic fatigue syndrome as well other extra digestive problems. It mentions that H.pylori causes diarrhea or loose bowel.

http://www.clujulmedical.umfcluj.ro/ind ... le/view/59

I have trouble understanding how H.pylori survives in the stomach because if Urease helps it only in the stomach space, and does not need it in the mucus, why other bacteria do not colonize the stomach where the ph is 7 near the mucous membrane?

New study found that the supplementation of mice with N acetyl glucosamine, helped the mice suppress H.pylori naturally by modification of the epithelium of the stomach ( H.pylori could not attach itself):

http://www.jolst.net/uploadfile/2015/01 ... 626603.pdf

Last question is why H.pylori is less common in the fundus and more president at the pylori region or the cardia? Could this be explain by the presence of oxygen or atmospheric gaze at this region?

I will buy some N acetyl glucosamine and see what happens :)
Last edited by H.P porteur on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

interesting articles.

2 reasons why other bacteria cant grow in the stomach. 1. too acidic. 2. they cannot swim through the mucous barrier.

H. pylori is less common in the fundus because it actually dislike acid. so everyday you will spend most of your time upright where your stomach acid is sitting at the bottom of your stomach. So, H. pylori will swim away from it. Then again, because H. pylori prefers to live underneath the mucous layer. It can actually be found everywhere in the stomach.

faridakw

Post by faridakw »

I only registered to post a reply on the threads because i want to share some information that may help anyone suffering from the health problems associated with h pylori infection. I have been self diagnosing and treating due to thousands of wasted dollars on "health care professionals".
I want to keep this short, please pass it on because I will not be spending much time on here:
Get some Jarrows Mastic gum and DGL licorice root any brand. Jarrows is best for the Mastic but others will be beneficial as well.
This is not a snake oil remedy. Mastic gum has been used by centuries to treat the h pylori and associated gastric problems. It WORKS!
Antibiotics destroyed my guts, they are toxic to many people. Chemicals mixed in a lab are not what nature intended to cure your body. All that ails you on Earth, the Earth provides a remedy for. Do not doubt Mother Nature! Doubt "science" and conventional medicine!
RESEARCH Mastic Gum! Don't just take my word for it. TRY IT there are no harmful side effects! A very rare allergy is reported but it's not dangerous and less dangerous that antibiotics and the damage they cause!
This treatment (2 Mastic caps before breakfast on empty stomach.. 2 later in the day a few hours after eating) will most likely end your suffering. It costs very little.
I'm not a doctor, I am a former sufferer of h pylori who almost gave up hope until discovering how effective and easy this treatment is.
Please PASS IT ON!!! If you find there is hope for other sufferers, please consider this your duty as I do but I am only one person and don't have enough time to devote to spreading the word.
Best wishes for a life without pain, discomfort and unnecessary medical expense and damage from antibiotics!
Take care and please consider this as a more than likely end to your life in hell from the nasty and debilitating h pylori monster!

H.P porteur

Post by H.P porteur »

Faridak,

Thank you for your post. But I took mastic gum and it did nothing to me. And there is no study which proves that Mastic gum can eradicate H.pylori. If you have a good peer reviewed article where mastic gum was compared to placebo in double blinded study and where the sample were large enough I can then trust it. I am not against natural therapies. I like them because of the fewer side effects But I need something proven by ''science'' or third parties. :)

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”