Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

intravenous option?

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, luci2010

cathsmith21
Genuine user

Re: intravenous option?

Post by cathsmith21 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:48 pm

Thanks for your thoughts Power1.And yes staying positive is a major component, and something I'm trying my best at.
Good to hear it seems as it's be a good result for you after treatment. Time will tell I guess. such a waiting game.

Prescription pickup day today.

cathsmith21
Genuine user

Post by cathsmith21 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:51 pm

Hi again, midway through 14 day treatment. Its been long, but not a rough as last time.
Added anti nausea tabs to my regime to help keep everything down.

Tried / trying hard to stay calm and keep mentally busy on other things! Which does work.
That being said, still wouldnt want to do it again.
Power1, have you got results back yet. Did the same treatment work for you?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Tue May 26, 2015 1:21 am

just want to say, you guys had great discussion here.

Keep up the positive thoughts!
:)

jackwebb
Genuine user

Post by jackwebb » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:47 am

As per the study conducted by NCBI, the following conclusions has been made

To evaluate the efficacy of 3-day intravenous Helicobacter pylori eradication therapy in patients with bleeding peptic ulcer associated with H. pylori infection. We studied 53 patients admitted to hospital with bleeding of the upper gastrointestinal tract due to peptic ulcer and positive urease test over a 12-month period. After endoscopic diagnosis, intravenous pantoprazole (40 mg/12 hours), metronidazole (500 mg/8 hours) and amoxicillin-clavulanic acid (1,000 mg/200 mg/8 hours) was administered for 72 hours. The efficacy of eradication therapy was evaluated by 13C-urea breath test at least 2 months after the end of treatment. Fifty-one patients were included. Of these, 40 had duodenal ulcer and 11 had gastric ulcer. H. pylori eradication was achieved in 87.5% of those with duodenal ulcers and in 63.6% of those with gastric ulcers (p = 0.066). No adverse reactions or episodes of bleeding recurrence were found and none of the patients withdrew from treatment. The ultra-short course eradication therapy used in this study is highly effective. Its efficacy is similar to that of oral treatment and it avoids certain problems such as adverse effects and adherence to treatment.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:58 am

Thanks for sharing this information.

I think, if one can take a treatment for 10 or 14 days... they should go for it. This data presented here basically say if you stop treatment after 3 days, for whatever reason, your success cure rate can drop to 63%.

so the question is, it is worth risking antibiotic resistance on a 3 days treatment?

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter”