Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

How long before my nausea will go away?

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

Slomo4

How long before my nausea will go away?

Post by Slomo4 »

I have had light to moderate nausea for about 2 months now. I never vomited (though came close once or twice). The symptoms are intermittent. Sometimes I could go 3 days or more with barely any issues. Then, the nausea would just sort of arise. Sometimes 2 hrs after eating, sometimes just randomly. I took an H.Pylori blood test recommended by my GI Doc, and they said it was positive. I did the treatment for 2 weeks (2 antibiotics and Prilosec) and there was actually a 6 day period where I felt great! Then it slowly came back again.

I have been off of the medicine for one week, and things are still touch and go. I can go 1 to 2 days with no symptoms, and then 1 to 2 days with nausea of varying intensity.

I have not had any stool issues at all. Consistency/Regularity/Color has been just fine. I also have not had any stomach PAIN or anything like that. Maybe some bloating here and there, but it's basically just nausea, and tiredness while it's going on.

I have been somewhat negligent in watching what I eat, but it's still tough to see a correlation in what I eat versus the symptoms.
I wondered if it was stress-related at first, but it just didn't add up. Stressful situations would progress with no nausea, and then I could be at home relaxing with a movie and it would set on.

My main question is...
After having off and on nausea for a couple months, how long will it typically take AFTER treatment ends to feel normal again? I don't feel like death or anything, only lost maybe 5lbs total, but mentally things are just getting to me. I start to wonder if I'll ever feel normal. I have a 1yr old and on certain nights I can't really play with her and have fun as much as I'd like, and this is what's bothering me the most.

I'm sure my GI Doc will recommend a stool test to confirm eradication in another week or so, but I'm just looking for some mental stability and for someone to put my mind at ease? If it's typical for light nausea to take a month to go away after H.Pylori treatment ends, I'd just like to hear that.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: How long before my nausea will go away?

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi, hopefully your problem is all H. pylori related and your treatment has successfully eradicated the bug.

The only way to prove the eradication is either by stool test or breath test. So there will be two outcomes: 1) your treatment was a success. you just have to wait till your stomach fully recover to feel 100% again. Perhaps some probiotics or no gluten food may help. 2) your treatment failed. Your H. pylori is resistant to the previous antibiotics. Which explained your on and off symptoms. For this situation, you'll need to take a second type of antibiotic combination and hope it'll work.

Whatever the outcome will be, it is important to stay positive. Try tell yourself there is always a way out. It's only a matter of time. Having anxiety will be the least helpful thing to your symptoms.

Slomo4

Post by Slomo4 »

So a little bit of an update, and another question I suppose....

I took an H.Pylori stool test last week, which came back negative.
I'm still getting nausea, but it seems to be a little better than it was before. For the last week or so it's mostly been for like an hour or so each night or every other night, and it's usually ignored fairly easily, even with no medicine.

Again, I have had the nausea for about 2 months, but NO other symptoms that I can tell. No gut pain, no stool issues, no reflux or bloating (save for maybe once or twice early on).

So even though this question might not be totally H.Pylori related, I'm just getting a bit desperate...

Is it possible that this is all anxiety related?
I'd say that I'm a pretty high-strung person. I tend to internally worry quite a bit. About my health, my daughter's health, etc. She is 18 months and when I'm not at work from 7-5 I am going somewhere to wrangle her and bring her home to watch her.
The thing that makes me wonder if it's anxiety related is that if I can get to sleep while the symptoms are going on, (which I always can) even for like a nap, it's like hitting a big reset button. When I wake, I feel fine.
Food sometimes makes it worse, but other times it doesn't. Sometimes an hour or two after a sandwich, things kick in. Other times I could eat chili and it would do nothing of note.
I recently started seeing a therapist, so I'm taking positive steps either way. He said that while he can't obviously tell me to ignore medical issues, it sounds like this might be anxiety related.
I'm just wondering if someone in the medical/GI field can also give some insight into this, as my normal GI doc doesn't seem to have much of an idea related to anxiety. They're recommending an endoscopy, but honestly the thought of that is pretty worrying, and I'd hate to go through with it if it's going to be pointless.

Concerned4113

Post by Concerned4113 »

I have the exact same issue and so does my sister! We became infected with hpylori eating Sushie in July. She was hospitalized in oct. and I began getting symptoms early nov. we both have had horrible anxiety with the process of getting better! She had to be put on ant-anxiety meds for a few months. My doctor told me that it could be related to our bodies reacting to being sick. I found out my gallbladder was only functioning at 38% also. I have an 11month old and I too struggle with fatigue and when I wake up in the morning I feel pretty good for about two hours. It's been over 2 months since my anti botic treatment and I still don't feel great but my sister is getting back to normal. So hopefully we just have to wait this horrible stuff out!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi,

sorry for the slow response. I believe that some of the stomach problem can be related to anxiety. We have a few patients who complained for all sorts of stomach problems and we simply cannot find a reason. But they all did mention that they have anxiety issues. So, I think the more you think of it, the worse it gets. If you have done all the test and they all come back negative, then you'll just have to relax and think positive.

webtoy100

Post by webtoy100 »

Hello Slomo,

Your story sounds very similar to mine. I too only feel nausea.

I had an endoscopy a few weeks ago and the biopsy from that tested positive for HP.

I too get very worried, and I too feel I get a 'reset' from having a short nap. I also felt better during and immediately after the triple therapy regime.

I'm sure anxiety plays a part in all this, and it's good you're getting therapy. I would strongly advise you to get an endoscopy so that your GI can see everything that's going on.

In the meantime, we have to wait and hope for better times. You are not alone! I am in London UK - where are you?

Best wishes,

WT

Jenny Wren

Post by Jenny Wren »

My anxiety is through the roof. I've been sick Christmas day and was just diagnosed this past Friday. My anxity is over loss of appetite and having hunger pains constantly and back g to force myself to eat. I take xanax at bed time just to be able to rest my body and brain. I just finished my second day of meds. 12 more to go.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

well done. keep up the good work. update us more of your story.

Jenny Wren

Post by Jenny Wren »

Day 6 of treatment for me. My original symptoms slowly faded away starting on day 4. As of now, I have 8 more days. I called my GI drs office today to ask if heartburn was part of h pylori and she said no You must have something else going on. So much for dwelling positive and confident. :(

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

"heartburn" or "reflux" or "regurgitation" or "GRED". They all associated with H. pylori. Of course, there are cases where patients can experience all these without H. pylori. We call it non-H. pylori related dyspepsia.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”