Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Allergies Helicobacter

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

sl88er

Allergies Helicobacter

Post by sl88er »

Hi,

I have posted before that in my case eradication of HP was really difficult, and I know that I'm still left with some very mild gastritis... As Im from nature very inquisitive I have check for allergies ... and found that my IgE was very elevated 280 iU/L with norm under 100 iU/L... Hier is works about allergies and HP infection

http://cornetis.pl/pliki/PW/2002/3/PW_2002_3_303.pdf

they make conclusion that HP infection can be consequenve of allergy, people with allergies get HP more easily... and HP can elevate that allergy response

On the other side prof. Romanski (I know only about some not publisched presentation) think that allergy can be a conseqence of HP (impaired digestion, hypochlohydria and so on), but also can be the secondary think to allergy and can deepen existing allergy and inflamation

here is some link

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16670517

generally not all infected people have elevated IgE titers... there is some question what was first egg or chicken... :geek: or whatever it can be said in english

Maybe some trial with elimination diet with antibiotics can provide better eradication in helicobacter infected paptient who suffer as well from allergies... something like 1-2 month on diet without allergens and later eradication treatment... I will be not suprise when that approach can elimnate both allergies and HP... I was trying eliminate only HP , but maybe it was only partial solution, therefore it was so so difficult...

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Allergies Helicobacter

Post by Helico_expert »

It's interesting, but it's a topic I cannot help. You are right about IgE being a very complex field. I dont think anyone truly understand how H. pylori is associated with IgE. There are some suggestions that PPI induce food allergy, but the evidence is weak.

Nevertheless, H. pylori is just one main factor of gastritis. There are many other factors for gastritis. We like to assume it is H. pylori because that is what we know the most and there are many regimens to treat it. Other non-H. pylori gastritis are less known and will be harder to treat.

sl88er

Post by sl88er »

Honestly say I don't mind any expensive complicated sophisticated experiments... to understand quite well that connetion beetwen that two things... but some checking of IgE status of people who failed antibiotics treatment... there is always something like 10-20% which remain infected... i dont seen any reserach like that althought it seems very reasonable to make make that...

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

There are some studies relate to this topic, but no there is no hard evidence. I found this paper from Turkey..
http://www.elsevier.es/en/revistas/alle ... lammation-

In summary of the discussion,
Results from a community-based sample of young adults showed no evidence that H. pylori infection was associated with lower levels of IgE sensitization.
An association between H. pylori antibodies and food allergy presenting as atopic dermatitis has been reported.
The hypothesis that the easy transition of food allergens ends in allergic inflammation has not been confirmed in all studies.

From the references, you can see other studies that relate to this topic.

barjammar
Site Admin

Post by barjammar »

Just a quick clarification here:
It is normal that "mild chronic gastritis" persists in the stomach for several years after H.pylori treatment. This means that some lymphocytes hang around in the mucosa, but might be "sleeping" although ready to fight if a new infection appears. They don't cause any trouble.
Apart from Helicobacter, mild forms of gastritis can be seen in 10% of people - but the causes are unknown. We see it in normal volunteers taking part in our research studies. It is harmless as far as I can tell.
Check the link below for information on hard-to-treat cases. Then search the forums for questions and answers similar to yours.
docs/200808%20stenstrom%20Hp%20Treatment.pdf

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”