Haven't healed after weeks of treatment

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, luci2010

daibatzu
Genuine user

Re: Haven't healed after weeks of treatment

Post by daibatzu » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:49 pm

@helico_expert - I heard peppermint tea causes reflux so I'm being careful about taking it. Using probiotics though. Any other recommendations?

@mjatoz - Regarding my weight, to be honest, I haven't bothered to check. Too scared to do so.
But to give you an idea, I covered up the mirror in my bathroom so I don't have to look at myself while bathing. I feel like, this is not me. That's how bad it is.
My strong legs and arms, my pride and joy, are especially thinner than before. Also, before my illness I was doing a lot of exercise, at least an hour a day so was losing weight from that. Now I wish I had never exercised, at least I'd have a lot more muscle and body fat. I remember that during my treatment, when the doctor had to draw blood, they occassionally found it difficult to find a vein because I was fairly fleshy. Now, I think it'd be a lot easier. Let's just say I became slim.
Since PPI lowers stomach acid, it is possible it hinders your digestion of food which might mean you are not getting enough nutrients leading to weight loss, fatigue and foggy headedness. I don't know what h pylori does to stomach acid. So all in all, perhaps a kind of malabsorption problem. Just my theory though, have no way to prove or disprove it.
In any case, I am taking digestive enzymes, have been taking them now for about 7 days or so and have better looking stool for now. My stool suggests that at least more of my food has been digested and is hopefully being absorbed. We'll see if I add weight. If you take enzymes you might want to avoid any with betain hcl/hci acid for now as it might burn your stomach a bit. Also, I have noticed a bit more energy while taking Astymin. I'm not recommending it to you yet as it has only been 2 days but it is said to contain Amino Acids, vitamins and minerals and is helpful after antibiotic therapy or recovery from illness and helps the body rebuild. I have noticed much less fatigue but will want to wait for at least 2 weeks before passing judgement. But you can ask your doctor for anything to help with recovery from illness

I have to say, this is easily the worst illness I have ever suffered from. H pylori must be eradicated from the earth.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:04 am

Hi,

better check with your doctor. Neither Omeprazole nor Rabeprazole are for nausea. You can probably ask your doctor about domperidone. That's for speed up the food going down the track, so you wont feel so nauseous.

In regards to pepper mint tea and reflux, it's very subjective. If you have not tried, you should. Everyone reacts differently to herbal medicine.

daibatzu
Genuine user

Post by daibatzu » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:58 pm

Hi HelicoExpert,
Unfortunately I'm in a city where the breath and stool test are not currently available. At the diagnostics lab I kept telling the assistant that a blood test was a waste of time but in any case he insisted on doing a blood test. In any case, the result was positive but he said it was very very faint (whatever that means). So I won't get a proper result for a while. I'm wondering about the blood test though. If it is a faint reading, could this mean it is just detecting antibodies? Anyway who knows.

Also out of curiosity, when my h pylori was at it's worst, I sometimes had this feeling of pressure just below my chest (not sure how to put it) which would come and go. No pain just pressure. Do you know what was causing that? Too much gas?

Could you help me with further tips on how to heal the gut or point me to a link where you have done this? I tried peppermint tea, it did seem to help. What other foods and probiotics do you recommend e.t.c? Enzymes have helped me a lot, but still don't feel my digestive system is optimal and sometimes get a dot of pain here and there. Nothing serious but just this rawness feeling like I shouldn't be playing sports at this time.
Many Thanks

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:41 pm

a faint blood test result can be many reasons. But, most importantly, it's either positive or negative. How strong is the result is not important.

nevertheless, i am glad that the mint tea works for you. there is no particular link that i can recommend. but you can try lots of fruits. i suspect you probably have bad guts microbes now and need proper diet to readjust your good bacteria. anyway, that's pure hypothesis.

mjatoz
Genuine user

Post by mjatoz » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:26 pm

Hello @ daibatzu, how are you doing? Are you feeling better? Thanks.

daibatzu
Genuine user

Post by daibatzu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:10 pm

Very happy to report that I am now gaining weight and I am not losing it easily even after daily exercise. I have now gone from 65 to 81kg.
First of all, I had pneumonia about a month ago so would advice everyone on this forum to do an ASO titre/ESR test to rule out any secondary infections post h pylori. Also do a pcv to check for anaemia.

I am trying to think of what got me to this stage after months, to be honest, I have no idea what did the trick but to summarize

1. I eat a large bowl of very lightly boiled (about 1-2 minutes) dark green vegetables everyday, chewed thoroughly and allow the juices to flow down my throat (still do this)
2. Took coQ10 for about 10 days
3. Took digestive enzymes with each main meal (NOW Plant Enzymes). That is about 3 a day. Did not take them with small snacks. (Still do this for now, but plan to stop after January)
4. Took a daily magnesium supplement (400mg) (still do this)
5. Did light exercises called the 5 tibetans for a week (Repeating each movement 6 times), although it seemed to inrease reflux a little, not sure.
6. Took Astymin tablets for a month (mostly an amino acid/multivatimin blend)
7. Took fish oil (still do this)
8. Took zinc carnosine tablets twice a day (still do this)
9. Took colostrum tablets (500mg twice a day) for 5 days
10. Took probiotics (Natures way l.reuteri, Renew Life 15 billion, Jarrows S.Boulardi) (Will get back to doing this soon)
11. Spent 30 minutes a day in sunlight broken into 3 10 minute sessions (while wearing a hat and sunglasses for my face) (still do this)
12. Took liver cleansing supplements (I seemed to lose weight after this, but began gaining again)

As you can see, everything is here and there and it is difficult to pinpoint what exactly helped with weight gain. I dont take ppis anymore. I am looking to add spirulina to the mix and see what happens.
Still have reflux occassionaly though never the crazy burning I felt, it is now mild. Still have occassional fatigue as well although I think I know where that is coming from. My skin issues with eczema type symptoms are mostly cleared. Still have occassional dots of stomach pain that lasts for a second or so. These happen maybe one time once every week or two. So there has been huge improvement here. Have just ordered DGL, Marshmallow root and Slippery Elm to help further heal my throat and stomach from any accumulated damage. I am also now able to exercise without any stomach pain, can bend down during exercise and other yoga postures without issues.
So there has been massive improvement. Very happy with weight gain. I am still not WELL, but somehow I feel like I am headed somewhere good. Time will tell.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:35 am

Congratulation! It's good to know that you are improving.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter”