Few questions about treatment

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, luci2010

lukava
Genuine user

Few questions about treatment

Post by lukava » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:25 am

Good day, in despite of 2 stages of treatment in last year I still have pain in my stomach. Now I have seriously doubts that existing medicines can make my healing possible. So now I have a few questions
- is there any hope that new kind of medicines comes out in nearest future (1-2 year)?
- Could you give some advice who I can contact with in Russia or maybe Europe (your partners, colleagues) to try another treatment
- What are the reasons why Urease test doesn’t show any presence of H.p. in organism in despite the signs of gastritis and douadenitis in gastroscopy?
- Is there any influence by H.p. to Gallbladder?
- Are there any side effects after eradication with Tetracycline?

Thank you

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Few questions about treatment

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:46 pm

I think first of all, you need a confirmation of H. pylori eradication. Only then there is a chance of recovery.

Some people does take a longer time to recover. It's depending on the damage done by H. pylori and the repair of the stomach after HP removal.

If the pain persist after 1 month, and if you had never had an endoscopy, you can get an endoscopy check up to make sure there is no other abnormality. An ulcer for example, will take about a month to heal. if you already had an endoscopy done, what did the report say?

There is no novel treatment for H. pylori. Antibiotics are the only treatment available. If you still have H. pylori, then you will need to find a laboratory that has the ability to do antibiotic sensitivity testing. Then you can get a personalised treatment with much higher cure rate.

Urease test is depending on the acid in the stomach. If your stomach is not acidic (eg. you are taking PPI), then Urease test will produce a false negative result.

H. pylori does not directly cause trouble to gallbladder. However, the inflammation may cause complication.

The side effect of antibiotics are experienced differently among people. However, usually the side effect is not long lasting.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter”