Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Symptoms

Weird questions go here! If your question doesn't quite fit the other categories, use this section.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, stomach

JuliaK

Symptoms

Post by JuliaK »

Hi,
I have had one negative H-pylori stool test and recently (January) had a biopsy taken and the hospital have such a back log of results they haven't sent it out yet, but have said to my GP they think it was positive. He wants to go ahead and treat with the anti-biotics, but I'm still a little hesitant that it is what I have. One of my main symptoms is a pain at the top of my stomach/bottom of my rib cage, directly under the sternum after I eat. I don't have a hernia, that has been checked. Do other people get pain there too and after eating. I tend to be uncomfortable for the rest of the day. Night time not really. Thanks

Virginia01

Re: Symptoms

Post by Virginia01 »

Same symptoms I started with. Also felt very full, very fast.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I did read a few posts about pain in the lower rib.

Nevertheless, I think it is better to take antibiotics with the proper diagnostic.

JuliaK

Post by JuliaK »

Thanks for both replies. I have started the anti-biotics and am going to push for a written diagnosis on Monday, plus some other tests I would like done.

I don't feel hungry at all now, which is worrying me. Virginia - are you better?

Virginia01

Post by Virginia01 »

I am actually getting ready to update my post that I had recently started. I have kept a day by day journal since starting my treatment. I finished my antibiotics Tuesday morning. The only symptoms I am still having are burping and some gas. I am very hungry now all the time it seems like, so not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. Im leaning more towards a good thing, as I had dropped about 10lbs during treatment. I can def tell I am off the antibiotics.

JuliaK

Post by JuliaK »

I'm so pleased for you Virginia- I'm on day 3 and have also been advised by a friend, who's a dietician, to take pro-biotics too (a 60 day course) to help successfully eradicate the problem, so I have ordered some of those.
Did your ever feel pain in your mid/upper back with H-pylori? I'm quite skinny at the moment anyway, through worry and being off my food and a friend thinks that's probably why I can feel it in my back. Who knows??

When people start having trouble with their food - does everyone have trouble with the same foods or does it just depend on the individual?

Thanks
Julia

Virginia01

Post by Virginia01 »

Yeah Julia, I had pain in my lower back, upper back towards shoulder blades, and all around the stomach/abdomen area throughout treatment. Same thing as what I was experiencimg on the Doxy when I had to take it for Lyme, but not nearly as bad. I am almost a week off my antibiotics and am confident it has been eradicated. I am taking the NOW-10 probiotic once after lunch and an hour before bed. I am sticking to my diet of chicken or fish, brown rice, vegetables (brocolli, cauliflower, asparagus, green beans) a starch (gluten free) and salad. Breakfast I eat a parfait of 1 cup Oikos Triple Zero, 1 cup organic if possible blueberries, and 1/2 cup granola. Sometimes I switch out for two scrambled eggs, Udis Gluten free cinammon raisen bread toasted with almomd butter and banana on top. Usually a small fruit snack mid morning. Water, water, and more water. ABSOLUTELY NO SUGAR (other than natural sugars in fruit) OR ANYTHING WITH TOSE as an ingredient. I cant express this enough... NO SUGAR (no gum, no honey unless RAW, NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER) I DONT CARE IF IT SAYS SUGAR FREE! You have got to read the ingredients. Water or decaf green tea is my go to. You will not put the weight back on but you will maimtain. Do not get discouraged. You are curring everythimg fatty out of your diet, so I repeat, do not get discouraged about your weight. It will gradually start to come back. Im up 1lb in a week so far. Any quetions please feel free to ask. You will beat this, trust me.

JuliaK

Post by JuliaK »

Thanks for the advice Virginia, that's brilliant. Do you eradicate certain things from your diet because you think they are linked to H-Pylori, or because you have stomach problems anyway, or because you believe it to be the best way forward in general?
I have IBS and have a gluten free diet most of the time, I also dabble with the FODMAP map diet which I think seems to make a marvellous difference - two of the main things, other than gluten, to cut out, being onion and garlic. I also avoid processed food as much as possible.
I am not sugar free, I don't have a sweet tooth but realise, as you say - hidden sugars are in all sorts, hopefully cutting out processed foods help there too. But eating out can be tricky. I have date sugar and maple syrup in the cupboard for baking with, but haven't quite mastered quantities yet.
Why is raw honey ok?
I need to put a bit of weight back on - I look awful and so aged.
I have two days left of the anti-biotics to do and today I actually felt hungry, rather than forcing myself to eat a little. I have had my formal written diagnosis that it definitely is H-Pylori after complaining to the patients liaison service at the hospital (ridiculous it has taken nearly three months and I've just been getting more and more ill). I have a slight spring in my step today, despite the horrendous taste that keeps coming up from my gut from the treatment, as I honestly thought I had something even worse.
I really hope this is the end of it. It's been a hard 2 years.

Return to “Everything Else 其他”