There has been an unexpected incident that happened and as a result, the forum has been deleted. It is unfortunate that we can only recover the post back to 2016. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

To reduce SPAM, all post from new members with less than 1 post will require approval from web master.

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.
Contact admin click here

Weight gain after Quadruple therapy

Weird questions go here! If your question doesn't quite fit the other categories, use this section.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, stomach

Momin890

Weight gain after Quadruple therapy

Post by Momin890 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:53 pm

Hi,

A year later, after eradication of helicobacter, I have gained weight and no matter how I diet it does not want to come off. I've read a lot of studies that show an increase in BMI up to a year but I haven't seen anything for longer. Weight just flies on and refuses to come off. My symptoms were acid reflux and heart burn. This did not go after the therapy until I cut gluton, red wine, coffee and kept an eye on yeast (I took a blood test and was found to have an intolerance). Managing now just on gaviscon. Anyone have anything similar?

michaeljonson

Re: Weight gain after Quadruple therapy

Post by michaeljonson » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:40 pm

Yes, I too had put on weight after eradication of Helicobacter. Exercising regularly helped in controlling weight.
Legacy ER & Urgent Care

Helico_expert

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:52 am

perhaps your stomach is too happy that you got rid of the nasty bacteria and wants you to feed it more.
:)

Momin890

Post by Momin890 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:38 pm

Yes it just wants to be continuously fed! I don't want to grow fatter and fatter though. Whole new set of problems.

Return to “Everything Else”