Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

My H. Pylori Story

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

lisaron34

Re: My H. Pylori Story

Post by lisaron34 »

Yes..retested stool sample and it was Positive. I had symptoms so I wasn't surprised. Doctor said I needed to wait a few months after initial treatment to retest because doing it to soon could result in a false negative. I waited and after about 2 months symptoms started and i requested to be retested. Now on Pylera, triple antibiotic therapy and Ppi 2x day.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

sounds right. All the best to your treatment.

Pranjali sinfh

Post by Pranjali sinfh »

Helico_expert wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:26 am
Hey I want to know something. I am done with antibiotic for h pylori but still have stomach pain and acidity. My Dr suggested again antibiotics with some extra doses. Clan anyone please help me in telling does such a high dose antibiotics have side effects on our body?
As I am going to take antibiotics for 2nd time, any side effects on my liver or kidney.
Please help
Have you been retested for H. pylori? You should only be given antibiotics when there is H. pylori.
No not tested. My doctor is saying if once u affected with h pylori in blood or breath test it comes positive for months. No endoscopy. Just on the basis of sympton like stomach pain after eating food he suggested again antibiotics

Pranjali sinfh

Post by Pranjali sinfh »

Can anyone please help me with h pylori diet. What I should avoid eating. Because I dually get pain after eating. I dnt know what is giving me acidity.
Please suggest

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

your doctor should test you before prescribing you antibiotics.

Even if the blood test is always positive, you can always compare the concentration of anti-HP antibody before and after treatment. If there is a drop, it's a good sign that it's eradicated.

anyway, breath/stool test are the recommended test to find out if you still have H. pylori after treatment.

There is no particular food to help or avoid during or after infection. If your HP was eradicated, you should gradually allow to eat anything you want.

Pranjali sinfh

Post by Pranjali sinfh »

Helico_expert wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:09 pm
your doctor should test you before prescribing you antibiotics.

Even if the blood test is always positive, you can always compare the concentration of anti-HP antibody before and after treatment. If there is a drop, it's a good sign that it's eradicated.

anyway, breath/stool test are the recommended test to find out if you still have H. pylori after treatment.

There is no particular food to help or avoid during or after infection. If your HP was eradicated, you should gradually allow to eat anything you want.
thank you very much forum for your every kind of answer which help me in this journey. Today I have visited to another doctor for 2nd opinion and he listened my all problems and said that I have food intolerance problem in which u have some food elergey. Suggested some test like food intolerance test, b12 and few more. Suggested some medicine too. Will share more update as I will get it.

puttahm

Post by puttahm »

i could actually relate my situations with yours. even i had to face lot of troubles just to diagnose the condition , i had to do doctor shopping asking for them to find my issue , finally after two years of struggle i was diagnosed with HP , i have eradication test planned next week, will come back with update.

thank you

DavidLee

Post by DavidLee »

David. Here again. I promised to keep you updated on my journey...so after having tested positive after the first treatment my GI doctor has now put me another/second round of antibiotics...Pantopral 80 mg , Doxycycline 200mg, Metronidazole 500 mg and Bismuth 8caps per day.
I am now on to my 5th day of treatment and I am experiencing ringing in my ears (tinnitus).My abdomen discomfort is much better.....but this ringing is driving me crazy. I called the doc and he told me to stop all the meds. I am awaiting his instructions as to what’s next. I have researched all these antibiotics and they are known to trigger tinnitus.
Helico expert should he have stopped the amoxicillin which I told in the 1st treatment? If he is coming back to me with a revised combination.....should I insist that he keeps the amoxicillin?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Amoxicillin is a very safe drug. Most importantly, H. pylori cannot become resistant to it. As a result, Amoxicillin can be repeatedly prescribed in the second or third treatment. If the patient is not allergic to it, we prescribe 1g dose, three times a day.

LeslieAJ

Post by LeslieAJ »

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:14 pm
I have no experience with Bio HPF. but looking at the website, it contains Bismuth subcitrate. It's one of the commonly used drug we prescribed to kill H. pylori.

To get a proper breath test, you'll need to stop Bio HPF and any other acid blockers for a month. Then you can get a reliable breath test result.
So I am off of the Bio Hpf for 2.5 weeks. I had an appt. with gastroenterologist. She suggested doing a stool test to get a faster re-check than the breath test. Two questions, it appears from my research that that is enough time off the bio HPF, bismuth. So double checking with you. Also I take a lot of probioitcs and L-glutamine and DGL powder. Just checking if you know if any of that would affect the stool test?

I don't know why it is unchecked in the US. I have known or suspected I've had this for 2 years and can't get a doctor to confirm it. Most naturalpaths concentrating on candida (because of the American diet). I couldn't get my GP to give me an HPylori breath test when I started having symptoms. My new functional doctor didn't know that taking bio-HPF would result in a false negative. My gastroenterolist did a biopsy 10 years ago when I first had this and it was negative, only caught it through nutrtionist asking me to get a breath test which was positive.

I would guess there are a lot of people out there undiagnosed. From my experience the earlier you catch it the easier it is to clear. First time was OK with just Bio HPF, now has been much longer and will likely need to do the antibiotics.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”