Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Clarifcation on transmission routes

How do you catch Hp? From your mother when she kisses you? From brothers and sisters as a small child? From sexual partners as adults (kissing)? From dirty water (fecal contamination)? From animals? Who knows???

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, stomach

mmdl

Clarifcation on transmission routes

Post by mmdl »

Hi all,

New member here and have been reading up on all the posts. Thank you to all the people that support and keep this site going and sharing your wealth of knowledge.

My post/question relates to HP transmission routes.

I been reading on this site that it is quite difficult to get reinfected with HP; and the primary routes of infection are: fecal-oral; and oral-oral.

Can the experts please articulate exactly what this means as I'm slightly confused since oral-oral is one of the routes of transmission but yet I've been reading that transmission via kissing is low. Please define what "low" means and provide specific examples of oral-oral transmission. And by oral-oral transmission, is the mechanism of transmission via saliva?

For example, fecal-oral: I touched the poop of an effected person and then I put my fingers in my mouth? Or there is fecal matter in my food/water and I ingested it?

Oral-oral: transmission via deep kissing or any type of kissing lips-to-lips whereby possible saliva of an infected person can be exchanged?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Clarifcation on transmission routes

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi,

oral-oral route will be via saliva or vomit; fecal-oral route will be dirty hands by touching contaminated door handle in the toilet and toilet seats.

transmission via kissing is believed to be low because, to date, still very little people is able to culture H. pylori from mouth. DNA has been detected in saliva, but that doesnt mean the H. pylori is alive. From our understanding, H. pylori survive very poorly outside the stomach. So, their life is very short in the mouth and outside human body. I would say they survive less than 12 hrs in room temperature.

We believe the most likely route of transmission is actually via feeding. For example, do you remember how your mother or grandmother fed you? does she blow on the food to cool it? did she chew the fish to remove bones? did she chew the meat to smaller pieces? There are many more examples, but that's generally what happened in olden days and is believed to the most likely route of transmission.

Return to “Epidemiology and Transmission ( How do you catch it?) 幽门螺杆菌的传播”