Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H Pylori Transmission By Urine, can Barjammar please review?

How do you catch Hp? From your mother when she kisses you? From brothers and sisters as a small child? From sexual partners as adults (kissing)? From dirty water (fecal contamination)? From animals? Who knows???

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, stomach

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: H Pylori Transmission By Urine, can Barjammar please rev

Post by Helico_expert »

with such acute gastric symptoms, sounds more like a food poisoning from toxin producing bacteria, usually from dirty hands on the food (check staphylococcus). Normally this kind of food poisoning is followed by stomach cramp and vomit. But this kind of food poisoning usually only last for 4 to 5 days until your immune system kicks in. Since you said your symptoms lasted for a few weeks, i think you probably got something else.

Nevertheless, I dont think H. pylori is responsible for your symptoms. H. pylori do not survive outside human body. H. pylori is sensitive to many spices and salt. So whatever is in your soup or fishcake will most likely kill H. pylori.

sfgreen

Post by sfgreen »

Thank you for the reply Helico_Expert. So if I did not get H Pylori from the soup, then the one remaining meal is sushi that was prepared by a chef with bare hands.

If his hands had cross contamination, then is it possible to get H Pylori this way? I ate the sushi one night and then the acute symptoms started the following night probably about 32 hours later. The vomiting began about 40 hours after the meal and after another 24 hours I felt fine (or so I thought). But within a few days abdominal distension began after certain meals--usually sugary, starchy, or greasy/fried foods--sometimes lasing anywhere from seven to 15 hours before receding. I had never experienced this kind of distension before.

I know you said such acute symptoms usually don't accompany H Pylori. Nevertheless, abdominal distension--which I had never had before--did continue for weeks afterwards and upon visiting the GI I then tested blood positive for H Pylori (although I may have been carrying it all along). So if having H Pylori did not cause my stomach to bloat/distend after eating sugary, starchy, greasy foods then what else could cause such lingering symptoms after an acute bout of food poisoning? Do you know of any other toxins/bacteria/viruses that could cause acute vomiting and then produce regular distensions for weeks and weeks after the acute phase?

Thanks.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi,

It could still be your soup. I think you gave H. pylori too much credit of giving you the "food poisoning" symptoms. H. pylori is a very chronic infection. Very unlikely that you'll experience acute reaction.

Your food poisoning could origin from either the Soup or the Sushi. I did suggest staphylococcus previously. Staph is a normal flora on our skin (including hands). They are alright on the skin, but if they get into our digestive systems or blood, they can be very nasty. Nevertheless, here is a link to Staph food poisoning. Staph is normally associated with poor hygiene and food handling.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/food- ... c-overview

sfgreen

Post by sfgreen »

Thank you Helico_expert,

I read the staph page. Given your expertise I am very open to accepting that my acute symptoms were brought on by Staph or some other bacteria and not H Pylori... and that I may have gotten H Pylori long before and had it for quite some time without realizing it.

But in that case I still have a remaining mystery. Why before the acute gastritis and vomiting was I able to tolerate all foods, but then after the acute gastritis and vomiting passed (took about 24-36 hours) did I quickly develop longer-term chronic symptoms? After the acute gastritis phase I was suddenly unable to eat sugary, starchy, or greasy/fried foods without bloating and distension lasting eight to 15 hours--sometimes painful. So before the sushi no problems--ever. After the sushi and vomiting and recovery I have months of not being able to tolerate certain foods. If it was only staph then I should have gone back to normal pretty quickly, right? Do staph or other like bacterial infections sometimes leave behind long-term complications and distension problems in certain patients?

Thank you.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

this is a very complex problem. I am afraid I am not able to answer you. Perhaps you'll have to wait till your stomach readjust itself or recover from the toxin damage from whatever pathogen.

sfgreen

Post by sfgreen »

Thanks Helico_expert. You've definitely given me something to consider: that my problems have been caused by something other than H Pylori. I will definitely discuss this with my doctor as well!

Return to “Epidemiology and Transmission ( How do you catch it?) 幽门螺杆菌的传播”