Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Can I contract H Pylori through a human bite.

How do you catch Hp? From your mother when she kisses you? From brothers and sisters as a small child? From sexual partners as adults (kissing)? From dirty water (fecal contamination)? From animals? Who knows???

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

nancyhelico
Genuine user

Can I contract H Pylori through a human bite.

Post by nancyhelico » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Help! My parents both had stomach cancer and were infected with H Pylori. I was tested several years ago (after having contracted a rotovirus) and all biopsies were negative. 12 days ago a very autistic student bit me at school and the last 4 days I have had belching, gas, and stomach pains. Could I contract H Pylori from a bite to my forearm? She bit through a sleeve however the skin was broken. I am terrified as my father died of stomach cancer. My mother is a stomach cancer survivor.

Thanks for any guidance.
Nancy

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Can I contract H Pylori through a human bite.

Post by Helico_expert » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:53 pm

i have answered in your other post. however, i like to raise this, because both your parents have stomach cancer, your chance of stomach cancer would be higher with or without H. pylori.

H. pylori will perhaps increase the chance. So a regular check up (at least once a year) is important.

again, H. pylori will not be transmitted via biting your skin.

bellburapa
Genuine user

Re: Can I contract H Pylori through a human bite.

Post by bellburapa » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:58 am

This post has been edited doubt very much. It is really good post

Return to “Epidemiology and Transmission ( How do you catch it?)”