Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Aquarium Water

How do you catch Hp? From your mother when she kisses you? From brothers and sisters as a small child? From sexual partners as adults (kissing)? From dirty water (fecal contamination)? From animals? Who knows???

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

electro_cute
Genuine user

Aquarium Water

Post by electro_cute » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I am bit concerned as recently I was doing a partial water change on my new aquarium (I have never done it before since I just got it) and I ended up swallowing some of the water from the Siphon. The following day I woke up with burning in my stomach and upper abdomen along with burping that has not subsided for almost 3 days now. When I went to the doctor they told me I had gastritis. I asked about H. Pylori and they said it was not possible for me to have been infected. Do you agree?

I have never felt like this before and therefore I am assuming it was from drinking that water. Could H. Pylori live in a fish-only environment?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :geek:

Cheers,

Angel

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Aquarium Water

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:59 pm

how very unfortunate. your doctor is right. it wont be possible for H. pylori to survive in the aquarium. However, the most possible marine organism that give you stomach problem is vibrio. it's a normal flora on fishes.

Basonkw
Genuine user

Re: Aquarium Water

Post by Basonkw » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:25 am

I would look at this thing is always spectacular.

Return to “Epidemiology and Transmission ( How do you catch it?)”