Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

How should I do to avoid transmission?

How do you catch Hp? From your mother when she kisses you? From brothers and sisters as a small child? From sexual partners as adults (kissing)? From dirty water (fecal contamination)? From animals? Who knows???

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, stomach

HPLady

Re: How should I do to avoid transmission?

Post by HPLady »

I would avoid public shallow wading pools.

When I was younger, I used to get "pink eye" (conjunctivitis) all the time after going in these things. Little kids would pee and poo in them.
I have no doubt that it is likely that many people ended up getting H. Pylori from these things. In my case, I lived in Toronto which used to have a lot of these very shallow wading pools. They did not seem to be as clean as the larger chlorinated swimming pools.

That would be worth investigating as I believe that these shallow wading pools could be a source of contamination.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

very interesting thought.

Thanks

Reigyas

Post by Reigyas »

How long the helicobacter can live for example in a apple, or in a toothbrush?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

such experiment has not been done because H. pylori is sort of sensitive to oxygen. So, i wouldnt expect H. pylori to be cultured from anywhere other than the stomach.

ShieplepexDef

Great!

Post by ShieplepexDef »

nice! :D

patricia98

Post by patricia98 »

Usually H. Pylori comes from contaminated water or foods. I have no idea where I got mine, as my doctor told me I probably had the infection for many years. I never had symptoms, this was diagnosed because I had a lot of heartburn while I was pregnant for my first baby and they 24hr-printer-cartridges.com had to do an endoscopy, and that's how they found out I had H. Pylori...
Last edited by patricia98 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

the exact transmission route has not been established. however, in general speaking, we got it via fecal-oral or oral-oral route.

We also believe that most of us got it while we were at young age. Many studies have shown that children as young as 2 years old were diagnosed with H. pylori infection.

It is normal to carry this bacteria without symptom. in fact, most of the infected individual does not even notice.

nevertheless, it is associated with stomach cancer, especially at old age. therefore, adult with symptoms are advised to have it eradicated.

HPgirl

Post by HPgirl »

I know what you mean. I have a husband and 2 small kids. I'm constantly washing my hands & surfaces, keeping everything separate etc..I'm so careful, I wouldn't want anyone to ever get this terrible illness. I wonder about intimacy with my husband. I'm afraid that he could get this from me. My kids want to taste something I'm eating or have a quick sip of my drink and I have to make sure they don't just in case. It does impact your life in everyday significant ways.
People read information online (not this site) and get the wrong idea about HP which doesn't help. Relatives don't want to eat at your house suddenly...could be a good thing I suppose haha.
I think it will be great to have a vaccine. Especially for those of us with a family history of gastric cancer.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I think it will be great to have a vaccine. Especially for those of us with a family history of gastric cancer.
I agree. then again, HP is just a inducing agent. if the individual is already a carrier of gastric cancer gene, is a matter of time for the cancer shows up, with or without HP.

sukik1966

Post by sukik1966 »

I have been diagnosed with Helicobacter and am now being treated .
My concern is that my whole family might have it ,i have two little ones age 4.5 and 2.5 years and my partner.
Should they have the fecal tests for this infection and can the little ones be treated for it? Should my partner go for the test as she has had stomach pains and and loose stools.

Return to “Epidemiology and Transmission ( How do you catch it?) 幽门螺杆菌的传播”