Do all cancers caused by H. Pylori look identical?

How do you catch Hp? From your mother when she kisses you? From brothers and sisters as a small child? From sexual partners as adults (kissing)? From dirty water (fecal contamination)? From animals? Who knows???

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Hopeful1
Genuine user

Do all cancers caused by H. Pylori look identical?

Post by Hopeful1 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:12 am

Hello,
Do all cancers caused by H. Pylori appear identical or are they quite varied? I ask this question for a very important reason. I believe that microbes (viruses and bacteria) cause much more illness then presently known. The argument against this is that a Cancer of the same organ is different in different people thus a different etiology. I understand that a Cancer in one organ can have more in common with cancer in a different organ and that other factors such a genetics, etc are involved. So... Do stomach cancers caused by H. Pylori look very different microscopically? Any response would be greatly appreciated. Oh yes, I very much appreciate this forum as both my parents had stomach cancer. I lost my pw and had to create a new account.
Thank you very much.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Do all cancers caused by H. Pylori look identical?

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:50 am

Cancer cells are normal cells that has gone crazy. It's actually quite difficult for a cell to misbehave as there are many check points in the cell. So, the cell has to go through many mutations to have all the check points failed to become cancerous. In addition, the immune cells can sometimes detect abnormal cells and kill it. So, the cancer cell has to mutate in such a way that our immune systems fail to detect it. It is why cancer cells are scary..

so, Cancer cells is an accumulative of random mutations. because the mutations are random, i would say most cancers are slightly different.

H. pylori does not directly give cancer. H. pylori destroys the stomach cells and during the reparation, something went wrong in the cell duplication and "evolved" into cancer cell.

peter007
Genuine user

Re: Do all cancers caused by H. Pylori look identical?

Post by peter007 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:18 pm

Return to “Epidemiology and Transmission ( How do you catch it?)”