Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Side effects of triple therapy?

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

micza
Genuine user

Side effects of triple therapy?

Post by micza » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:34 am

I checked into ER with fast heart beat, higher blood pressure and heart palpitations, thought I was having a heart attack. It came and went the 'heart attacks' and palpitations and such and I finally figured out it was due to h pylori. That was over a month ago. The long story short: I got triple therapy. Im on the 7th day of treatment of a 14 day treatment plan.

Doctor gave me
Amoxi
clarithromycin
Rabeprazole

I would to know if it seems like there are some side effects.

Fast resting heart beat since the 4th day.
Around 100-110bpm standing or sitting
Around 80bpm while laying down
Feel nauseous, loss of appetite, malaise and generally feeling sick.
Also have some slight chest pains
I also did a blood test today and it came out with elevated liver enzymes:
AST:48
ALT:125
My testosterone also seems low (150ish) from 500-600 a month ago.

The doctors I went too all said antibiotics shouldnt cause the elevated enzymes and fast resting heart beat.

Should I be worried ... Ive been sick for awhile and my morale is low.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Side effects of triple therapy?

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:50 am

i think you are experiencing a mild side effect. Some bad side effects include vomiting, nausea, severe diarrhea, etc.

So i think you are doing fine. Keep up the good work. Drink more water and collect positive thoughts.

Last night I heard someone said.. "we humans are like magnet. if we think positively, we are going to attract positive people. if we think negatively, then we are going to attract negative people." I totally agree.

fchtc
Genuine user

Re: Side effects of triple therapy?

Post by fchtc » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:09 am

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms”