Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Can PPIs suppress H Pylori symptoms?

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

romano
Genuine user

Re: Can PPIs suppress H Pylori symptoms?

Post by romano » Tue May 09, 2017 3:06 pm

i had same treatment
finish thé 5 april
you are french ?

helicosufferer
Genuine user

Re: Can PPIs suppress H Pylori symptoms?

Post by helicosufferer » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:07 am

Antihelico wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:24 am
I have tested positive for H Pylori, after having experienced bloating and dyspepsia, as well as some dizziness and lightheadedness and occasional hot flushes while eating. Normally, the condition was worse in the morning than in the evening and worse before meals rather than after. A hiatus hernia was also found during the gastroscopy. I was prescribed quadruple therapy and completed the course on 19th March. I felt worse than before during the treatment (the previous symptoms plus some heartburn and loss of appetite) and but I was feeling largely symptom-free during most of the last two weeks of the treatment (during which I was taking a PPI only). On completing the PPI course, symptoms started returning, to levels experienced while I was taking the antibiotics, which is worse than the original pre-treatment symptoms. I have since then been prescribed PPIs again and symptoms are again somewhat relieved (although there are unpleasant side-effects).

Does this sound like a normal HP story? Could I be experiencing an acid rebound to the PPIs taken during quadruple therapy or are the PPIs actually suppressing the symptoms of H Pylori itself? I still do not know if the treatment has been successful, and I'm told that I cannot do the test reliably while on PPIs.
So how far have you gone now? Did you recover?
I am almost in the same bout of yours. The symptoms are alike and I do have a smallhiatal hernia. However the bloating and dyspepsia is still strongly available although I am on nexium 20 daily.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms”