Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Is this helicobacter or not ?

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

sdaaak
Genuine user

Is this helicobacter or not ?

Post by sdaaak » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:48 pm

Hey everyone, i am seeking your knowledge.
About a year ago now i started having pain especially on the right side of my stomach ( duodenum according to a osteopath ) and little by little as time went on it diffused to my whole stomach.The primary symptom was a pain after eating especially fatty meals but then it got kind of chronic.

Went to the doc and he had me do a blood test ( CBC ), an ultrasound, a stool test and a breath test.

CBC came back normal although platelet and hematocrit were a bit low, ultrasound was perfect, stool test was perfect and Breath test was positive for HP ( with a value around 80 units ).

Got me in triple therapy, nothing really changed and breath test showed a decrease yet still present HP ( 30 units )

Doc got me on pylera.
The month and a half that followed was GOOD ! Symptoms went away little by little and i felt really good.
Breath test a month later was negative.

Then after a while ( about 1.5 / 2 months ) some symptoms came back.
What i have today is some kind of pinch left and right of my navel that radiate upward and some acid in my stomach especially nighttime and morning.

I will be going to the doc this week and will probably get another breath test, but i want to know if this truly looks like helicobacter ?
Looks to me that it could also be bile reflux, then in the other hand if the bacteria really survived 2 times it could be a sign that its kind of a bad case.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Is this helicobacter or not ?

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:43 am

pylera usually have good cure rate. But, it's good to test again if you still have the HP. If you dont have HP, you probably just need some PPI to control your symptoms for a while.

sdaaak
Genuine user

Post by sdaaak » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:19 am

If it happens to just be me having trouble dealing with the aftermath wouldn't Sucralfate be somehow better than PPI ?
From what i've been reading its prescribed for people who couldn't eradicate the bacteria to somehow heal up.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Sucralfate react directly on the acid to achieve neutralization. However, it's not as long lasting as PPI. PPI block the acid secretion and achieve a longer lasting effect. Our experience is PPI having a better cure rate. in addition, higher PPI dose can also achieve higher cure rate.

sdaaak
Genuine user

Post by sdaaak » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:15 pm

Small update :

I've done the Urea breath test ( so that's 6 month after treatment ), it came back negative.

I've been doing a very bland diet for 2 weeks ( rice,banana,red & white meat,quinoa,vegetables ) strictly avoided gluten and avoided lactose as much as possible along with a very light dose of PPI and sucralfate.

I noticed some good improvements so far, I know that i am HLA DQ 2.5 so maybe my stomach has a thing with gluten but i'm not too sure.
Will continue on this regimen for about a month and we'll see.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:07 pm

Congratulation! and glad to hear that you have small improvement.
:)

sdaaak
Genuine user

Post by sdaaak » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Figured out i'd give a small update for people who are in the same case.

Did a stool test and it showed Candida Albicans in numbers along with E.coli which afaik are common after a big Antibiotic cure surch as pylera.
It might explain with a low fat diet did improve things.

anyways going to the doc tomorrow and we'll see what he says.

sdaaak
Genuine user

Post by sdaaak » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:22 pm

Eh, to my surprise the doc didn't seem surprised about candida but wasn't too hot on treating it.

He recommended some probiotic and some dietary guideline to equilibrate the flora.
Regarding the stomach, its apparently normal to feel somehow weaker after a powerful infection and maybe i have developed some light intolerances.

So we're going low fat for a while but apparently i can cheat like once a weak ( as long as you don't go XXXXL )
Stress plays a huge role also, being zen and eating healthy seems to work.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:43 am

agree. positive thinking is the most important factor.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms”