Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Concerning pain.

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Joey1725
Genuine user

Concerning pain.

Post by Joey1725 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:06 pm

Hello, I have recently been dx with H Pylori. Current treatment is
Amoxicillin 500g x 2 twice daily.
Clarithromycin 500mg x 1 twice daily.
Lansprazole 15mg x1 twice daily.
My problems started about five years ago with heartburn , stomach pain and bloating, a gastroscopy dx gastritis and a weak pyloric valve. I was tested for H Pylori and it was negative at this time. I have been taking Lansprazole ever since for the gastritis.
I have had problems with large bowel polyps for roughly the same amount of time. They have been removed twice during colonoscopy.
I recently visited my GP because I was suffering chronic diarrhea for the last 6 weeks, with a pain behind my navel and a throbbing pain in my lower right stomach very low down. Stool sample dx H Pylori.
I know the antibiotics will take some time to clear the bacteria and the diarrhea has thankfully now stopped, but I'm concerned about the lower abdomen pain, its bad and has now started to wake me up through the night, the pain is throbbing. I appreciate any thoughts.

shid0x
Genuine user

Re: Concerning pain.

Post by shid0x » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:10 pm

Joey1725 wrote:Hello, I have recently been dx with H Pylori. Current treatment is
Amoxicillin 500g x 2 twice daily.
Clarithromycin 500mg x 1 twice daily.
Lansprazole 15mg x1 twice daily.
My problems started about five years ago with heartburn , stomach pain and bloating, a gastroscopy dx gastritis and a weak pyloric valve. I was tested for H Pylori and it was negative at this time. I have been taking Lansprazole ever since for the gastritis.
I have had problems with large bowel polyps for roughly the same amount of time. They have been removed twice during colonoscopy.
I recently visited my GP because I was suffering chronic diarrhea for the last 6 weeks, with a pain behind my navel and a throbbing pain in my lower right stomach very low down. Stool sample dx H Pylori.
I know the antibiotics will take some time to clear the bacteria and the diarrhea has thankfully now stopped, but I'm concerned about the lower abdomen pain, its bad and has now started to wake me up through the night, the pain is throbbing. I appreciate any thoughts.
My guess is that the pain your feeling is stomach pain.
The deep nerves that are within our stomach sometimes can be inaccurate ( especially duodenum ) in where we do feel the pain.

You had diarrhea so my guess is that you had a small ulcer, it takes time to regenerate.
Or it could also be your intestine that have been damaged from rapid stools and antibiotics.

Try to pick up some probiotics and if available in your country a clay based solution ( clay acts as a bandage for both stomach and intestine ).

Doesn't seem to alarming as of now.

Joey1725
Genuine user

Post by Joey1725 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:34 pm

Many thanks for your reply. I am in the UK. What type of medicine is clay, I have never heard of it.

shid0x
Genuine user

Post by shid0x » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:14 pm

Joey1725 wrote:Many thanks for your reply. I am in the UK. What type of medicine is clay, I have never heard of it.
Well i'm nearby, just cross the sea :p

Clay is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montmorillonite which is a medication that is prescribed for acid reflux and chronic disorders of the stomach and the intestines. Its what my doc prescribed me when i was having a hard time after helicobacter.

In france its sold as the brand BEDELIX but i'm pretty sure you have access to it in the UK too.
If it makes you feel any better i had lower right abdominal pain too (which is weird when we talk about the stomach...) it came on especially after eating fatty foods and walking.

I reduced my intake of those a lot and took the bedelix + probiotic and checked every now and then with my doc.
Ain't gonna lie, the recovery was slow and long.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms”