Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Is H. Pylori something I should seriously consider?

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Mary9121

Is H. Pylori something I should seriously consider?

Post by Mary9121 »

I won't go into anything too far back in my past, only what has happened these last nine months. I don't want to muddle anyone up with symptoms from years past. Any insight, medical or otherwise, is greatly appreciated. I'm desperate.. And feel like I've taken my good health for granted when I had it.

It began in October, with the sensation I would call growing pains, in my left arm. Unpleasant enough that I had trouble sleeping on it. Sometimes it would be more localized in my shoulder, then my elbow, and then my forearm. One doctor said it was a pinched nerve. Another, tendinitis, after I went through some physical tests with it. Around two months after I developed the tendinitis, (now mid December) I began to get sores in my mouth. Rarely on my tongue. They were cankor sores but would come and go rather quickly. Sometimes healing in the same day. Shortly after those symptoms appeared, I got a sore mouth and throat. This too, kept me up at night. I'm not sure if my tongue was coated but it certainly bled. Swollowing hurt as well.

By late Feburary these symptoms just.. Disappeared. With very mild flare ups. So naturally I didn't think anything of it. In mid March, I was hit with an awful migraine, the worst I've had in a year or so. Drove home with one eye covered to focus on the road and certainly thought I'd vomit. The next two weeks I was plagued with what, to me, seemed like a sinus infection. I've had them a couple times and this was no different. Right before I was about to see the doctor, it cleared up. Again, not focusing on it too much, I moved on with life.

Then, on April 9th, my upper lip swelled and pounded. I developed itchy, dry skin around my eyes, and a circular rash/lesion on my right hand. Two weeks, my eyes heal. But they had what looked like lizard skin.. Clearly seperat sections, like tectonic plates, of dry skin. The swelling on my upper lip/Cupids bow goes down. But till this day I am still suffering with it. It slightly itches but is a vibrant red. Both hands as well, still break out in these itchy, round sections. They get close to healing, just like my lip... Then come back. As far as an allergic reaction, I've tried everything. The only thing that works is steroid ointment.

Then.. On May 17, I got very nauseated. It lasted all day. A few days later, it comes back. This time with diarrhea. Each time I have a BM, it made me feel a little better. I think it's just a stomach bug.. but it hits me again, with a slight fever. I can't believe my luck! Two stomach bugs in the same month. Then slowly.. The pain sets in. In the upper right side of my stomach. Each day, it gets worse. I take a 14 day treatment of nexium. Nothing. On the last day, I wake up and take a bite of a peach. The pain is excruciating, that I go to the hospital. They told me I have gastritis but not from what. And that I must see a GI doc. I get put on 20mg omeprazole in the meantime. Still, no relief. Get into the doctor and tell her my symptoms. Tells me she thinks H. Pylori is unlikely, stating it usually doesn't cause diarrhea. But thankfully, tests me anyway. Have not received results. But I realized I'd taken almost a months worth of PPI's before I took the fecal. She also knew I'd been on PPI's.

She gives me 40mg omeprazole and sends me on my way. I develop a UTI, which she gives me an anti-biotic, Nitrofurantoin. Since I've been on this for the UTI my stomach has actually gotten a little better. I've been taking 2 30ml of pepto a day, which has also helped. Though my joints have begun to ache a little and I've developed what looks like burns on my tongue with smokers breath( but I don't smoke). They hurt too. If that fecal comes back negative, should I keep pressing my doctor? Are any of these symptoms related to H. Pylori? Or have I just lost my mind?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Is H. Pylori something I should seriously consider?

Post by Helico_expert »

If you did have H. pylori, there is a slight chance that your PPI and Nitrofurantoin and pepto bismol combination may kill it. Indeed, the PPI may give false negative result to stool test. It is also true that very little of your mentioned symptoms is actually related to H. pylori. Nevertheless, the antibiotics that you took, may cross react and kill whatever underlying pathogen you have that gives you all the digestive problem. So, you should wait a month and monitor yourself. See if your symptoms improve.

Afm10

Post by Afm10 »

Hi Mary, slim chance here but any chance you can follow up on how you've been doing? could have written this post, have had all symptoms over the past year down to a T. Also just got tested for h pylori and waiting on results. Am worried though that berbine I've been taking my skew results.

tzj

Post by tzj »

This does not look like typical HP symptoms. I probably would not count on PPIs solving your symptoms as the root cause of your problems are likely not HP based.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”