Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Has anyone ever went through this after hpylori antibiotic.

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Has anyone ever went through this after hpylori antibiotic.

Post by Helico_expert » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:01 pm

Unfortunately only antibiotics are able to get rid of H. pylori to date. Some people claim that natural product "cured" them, but there is no solid evidence that actually show that natural product eradicate H. pylori. I think those people who had HP successfully eradicated by natural products are just pure lucky.

HP is harmless to many people, especially when you are young. But as you get older, your immune system becomes weaker, cell repair mechanism becomes poorer, that's when you can get ulcers and even cancer. In addition, as medical had advanced. The overall lifespan of people gets longer and longer. So anyone above 50 years old is recommended to have HP eradicated to avoid poor quality of life in senior age.

Blood test is not the right way to test HP after treatment. Because anti-HP antibody can stay in your blood from months to years. So blood test can only tell you if you had been exposed to HP and cannot tell you if you are currently infected with HP.

Everyone experience differently to antibiotics. Some people tolerate well and some people suffer greatly. I cannot tell you why you had more pain taking antibiotics than other people.

There is no guideline to what products to take to repopulate good bacteria. So you can take whatever you think that will make you feel better. You can try probiotics, change diet habit (eg. reduce salt, alcohol and smoking), drink more mint tea, etc.

Humble
Genuine user

Post by Humble » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:21 pm

thanks again. I dont drink or smoke and eat healthy foods but still was effected by the meds and experiencing upper stomach pain.

- I was retested by Urea Breath Test after treatment which still came positive with above 1500 dpm. I read that there are other bacteria that can create urease so how accurate is UBT in this regard? I did sort of brush my teeth before test and was given a capsule with very little water during the test.

-Do you think antibiotics somehow activated my hpylori or altered their state and gave them superpowers to unleash havoc on my stomach?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:53 am

many bacteria has urease and is able to give false positive result. However, 1500 dpm is pretty high. no other bacteria is able to give such high reading.

The antibiotics dont make H. pylori nastier. It only makes them survive better. As long as they are in your stomach, they continue to kill your stomach cells to get nutrients and your immune cells will continue to release inflammation factors trying to kill it. As the damage continues, repair mechanism kicks in. You only need one bad cell division and that's the beginning of cancer cell.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms”