Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

How to heal after h pylori?

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

KayleeHenderson

How to heal after h pylori?

Post by KayleeHenderson »

I did a week of antibiotic treatment to rid h pylori a few months ago, waited a month after treatment to do stool test and it came back negative. So I was taking some probiotics and DGLDGL for a couple weeks after but stopped because it got so expensive. I's been over two months and I still feel awful. I can't seem to maintain my weight very well not matter how much I eat, I get so full and unconfortable and bloated after eating and ocassional heartburn still, which is probably gastritis. I still have horrible insomnia and can't sleep well, I don't have energy to work out much, and it's also pointless to lift weights again right now since I'm so skinny. I do not even feel much better since the eradication, I honestly feel the same. My doctor checked my thyroid and b12 and iron, it's all fine. so I went in and decided to get a breath test, I was sure I still had the disease but the results came back negative. When and why can't I gain weight? I started taking dgl again and coconut oil and I'm trying to eat healthier like not a lot of junk food but high calorie carbs and proteins. But I just don't get it, I should be gaining weight and feeling better. I'm just so frustrated and moody and tired of being sick, why can't my doctor find anything wrong?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: How to heal after h pylori?

Post by Helico_expert »

with two independent tests to show you have no H. pylori, I believe you have a very successful treatment.

your stomach discomfort may due to the slow healing. Unfortunately i cannot tell you when you will be back to normal. This is very subjective because the damage done by H. pylori is different from people to people. Some people recovered immediately and some can take months or years. If you read through this forum, I think there is at least one poor fellow that waiting a year to be better. Nevertheless, only one guy out of 3000 members. So you can see it's very rare. Hopefully you'll recover very soon.

There is no guideline to what you should take to improve your stomach status. So, try whatever you can to adjust your microbiota back to normal.

brooklynchic

Post by brooklynchic »

KayleeHenderson wrote:I did a week of antibiotic treatment to rid h pylori a few months ago, waited a month after treatment to do stool test and it came back negative. So I was taking some probiotics and DGLDGL for a couple weeks after but stopped because it got so expensive. I's been over two months and I still feel awful. I can't seem to maintain my weight very well not matter how much I eat, I get so full and unconfortable and bloated after eating and ocassional heartburn still, which is probably gastritis. I still have horrible insomnia and can't sleep well, I don't have energy to work out much, and it's also pointless to lift weights again right now since I'm so skinny. I do not even feel much better since the eradication, I honestly feel the same. My doctor checked my thyroid and b12 and iron, it's all fine. so I went in and decided to get a breath test, I was sure I still had the disease but the results came back negative. When and why can't I gain weight? I started taking dgl again and coconut oil and I'm trying to eat healthier like not a lot of junk food but high calorie carbs and proteins. But I just don't get it, I should be gaining weight and feeling better. I'm just so frustrated and moody and tired of being sick, why can't my doctor find anything wrong?
I am curious if you are feeling better?

hbombzikins

Post by hbombzikins »

^this is where I am at!!!

beerskel

Post by beerskel »

an update would be good.

You've descibed exactly how i'm feeling two months after finishing my antibiotics.

Breath test result will be back this Friday...am sort of hoping it wil be positive to at least explain why i'm still feeling so crap.

Memillie

Post by Memillie »

Hi, reading this has made me feel a little better, I expected to feel well after finishing antibiotics today, and was worried because although I feel a lot better energy wise and in myself, I am still in pain. This seems to be normal from reading these posts , wish my doctor had told me that.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

i am glad you find this forum useful.

michaeljonson

Post by michaeljonson »

KayleeHenderson, how are you now?
Legacy ER & Urgent Care

ikajess

Post by ikajess »

Hi there,

Are you feeling better?? Can you update me with your current health status??

Thanks much appreciated :)

alecvolk

Post by alecvolk »

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I have felt that stress plays a major role in accentuating my symptoms. The best thing you could do is to stop thinking about your symptoms and take solace in the fact that you're on the road to recovery.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”