Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

GP advised tests

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

grahampb

GP advised tests

Post by grahampb »

HI,
What a source of infomation this site is!!

I have been suffering from the following symptoms for some months now, and my GP has sent for blood tests and one of the theories is that it could be H Pylori?
Painful , stitch, feeling under my ribs on the left hand side.
Persistent belching
low/ mid back pain
dull intermediate stomach ache
acid feeling in stomach
Dizziness
pain in side when belching
Loss of appetite
feeling full quicker than normal

any thoughts appreciated.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: GP advised tests

Post by Helico_expert »

Your symptoms do fit the criteria of being H. pylori infection. However, it is best to wait for the blood test result. keep us updated.

newhpyloridiag

Post by newhpyloridiag »

grahampb wrote:HI,
What a source of infomation this site is!!

I have been suffering from the following symptoms for some months now, and my GP has sent for blood tests and one of the theories is that it could be H Pylori?
Painful , stitch, feeling under my ribs on the left hand side.
Persistent belching
low/ mid back pain
dull intermediate stomach ache
acid feeling in stomach
Dizziness
pain in side when belching
Loss of appetite
feeling full quicker than normal

any thoughts appreciated.
I had all of those except for mid back pain.

grahampb

Post by grahampb »

Thanks for your replies, it is worryingly me sick not knowing what it is. I get the results a week today, so I will post again then
Thanks again.

newhpyloridiag

Post by newhpyloridiag »

What tests did the GP order? Did they do any tests particularly for HPylori?

Acid Reflux
Loss of Appetite
Felling Full (It is called Dyspepsia)
Pains here and there, that are not severe or all the time, but are bothering
Persistent Belching.

Above symptoms definitely can be caused by HPylori. An endoscopy can tell how much damage HP has done to your esophagus, stomach and duodenum. After the scope if the Doctor says, it is clean but your stool test finds HPylori, then the Dyspepsia is called Functional Dyspepsia. There are people whose functional dyspepsia disappeared after treating HPylori.

If an ulcer or something is found, it can explain the dizziness but if not found, that may be due to something else.

Prepare yourself for at-least a 10 day dose of antibiotics.

grahampb

Post by grahampb »

Hi, the blood test were for high platlet count (which was found when I first got the symptoms described in the first post), the platlet count was not that high (about 550). But when the symptoms got worse he decided to test for hployri as well. I should get the results on Thursday.

newhpyloridiag

Post by newhpyloridiag »

grahampb wrote:Hi, the blood test were for high platlet count (which was found when I first got the symptoms described in the first post), the platlet count was not that high (about 550). But when the symptoms got worse he decided to test for hployri as well. I should get the results on Thursday.
Why don't he do a CMP (Comprehensive Metabolic Profile) Blood test? For HPylori did he take a blood or stool sample?

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”