There has been an unexpected incident that happened and as a result, the forum has been deleted. It is unfortunate that we can only recover the post back to 2016. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

To reduce SPAM, all post from new members with less than 1 post will require approval from web master.

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.
Contact admin click here

1.5 Years Of Hell, could it be h pylori??

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

BlueMonday

1.5 Years Of Hell, could it be h pylori??

Post by BlueMonday » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:55 am

Hello!
So following a sinus infection in the winter of 11' I started to experience heart palipitations, tightness in the chest, constricted feeling stomach along with constricted breathing/shortness of breath.
This led to 1.5 years of living hell. I haven't been able to work or just be normal since. I've been blood tested for h pylori which I was told presented some results but, not enough to be considered positive for h pylori.
I finally flew out to another end of the country to get a week of work ups and had a bronchoscopy performed. The bronchoscopy revealed that I had an inflamed trachea, esophagus & GI tract. The pulmonary doctor there concluded that my breathing issues were a result of my stomach acids always shooting up into my esophagus, down into my trachea and aspirating into my lungs!
However, whenever I research h pylori symtoms etc it seems to coincide with many of my symptoms.
I had a few endoscopy's. My first one showed a peptic ulcer and gastritis. That GI doc said those things would have nothing to do with my breathing issues which I now know is wrong from my bronchoscopy results. My second endoscopy showed that my peptic ulcer wasn't present anymore, but that I had severe gastritis, a discolored stomach & an irritated duodenum.
That GI doc just told me to take alot of Nexium and "good luck"

My symptoms currently are this:
Shortness of breath, inflamed GI tract, hardcore "raw" feeling stomach and stomach pains, back pains radiating around my back from my stomach pain, GERD & ALOT of food regurgitation.
I drink alot of ice/cold water because it seems to cool all the inflammation down. You know when you burn your finger and then run it under cold water? That feeling of relief? That's what my stomach and esophagus feels like whenever I drink cold water.
I'm already eating gluten free which seems to help moderately.
SO, I sincerely hope a few of you have taken the time to get this far reading!! Is it possible that the core issue of all this is an h pylori infection???
I've seen tons of doctors and no one has been able to give me a proper diagnoses. I would give anything to get my life back.
Any thoughts, experiences or suggestions would be highly appreciated. I don't know what to do anymore...
Thanks for reading.

Helico_scientist

Re: 1.5 Years Of Hell, could it be h pylori??

Post by Helico_scientist » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:02 am

Hello,

Some of the symptoms you are describing here could be from H.pylori. However, H.pylori might not be the answer to all your symptoms. I would recommend a breath test. This test is simple and easy and it will tell you if you have H.pylori.

Let us know.
Good luck

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms”