H pylori, moderate gastritis

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

shid0x
Genuine user

Re: H pylori, moderate gastritis

Post by shid0x » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:05 am

I'm one of those who got "better" after a long time.
Its been a year and 3 months since i got rid of helicobacter ( confirmed multiple times ) and oh boy was it a long and bumpy ride.
The hardest thing being the doctors not knowing anything about it : for most once the helicobacter is gone you should go back to normal so they tend to send you off...Then you'll fall into the "alternative medicine" bullcrap like everyone and end up burning cash for nothing.

The best thing i ever did was sit down and read about how the digestive system worked (acidity, helico...can't tell you how much of NCBI pages i went through) and try to solve it for myself since nothing went my way.

But as harsh as the truth is, its just like what helico_expert said : it takes time.

What i did was taking esomeprazole 20mg everyday along with something called neo neobianacid by aboca ( i really don't want to sound like another telemarketer but bare with me ) and slowing down my consumption of sugar.
Sugar and carbs in general seems to be linked highly to reflux / acidity / burping...Give it a try for a month, lessen your carbs it gave me great digestive relief.
Last edited by shid0x on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 pm

Congratulation!

your post is absolutely important. Thank you for updating us your status.

ihatehelico
Genuine user

Post by ihatehelico » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:57 pm

shid0x wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:05 am
I'm one of those who got "better" after a long time.
Its been a year and 3 months since i got rid of helicobacter ( confirmed multiple times ) and oh boy was it a long and bumpy ride.
The hardest thing being the doctors not knowing anything about it : for most once the helicobacter is gone you should go back to normal so they tend to send you off...Then you'll fall into the "alternative medicine" bullcrap like everyone and end up burning cash for nothing.

The best thing i ever did was sit down and read about how the digestive system worked (acidity, helico...can't tell you how much of NCBI pages i went through) and try to solve it for myself since nothing went my way.

But as harsh as the truth is, its just like what helico_expert said : it takes time.

What i did was taking esomeprazole 20mg everyday along with something called neo neobianacid by aboca ( i really don't want to sound like another telemarketer but bare with me ) and slowing down my consumption of sugar.
Sugar and carbs in general seems to be linked highly to reflux / acidity / burping...Give it a try for a month, lessen your carbs it gave me great digestive relief.
Was nausea one of your symptoms? It's my only symptom really and I spend my days terrified that my problem is ore than just gastritis like gastroparesis or something else really horrible. I feel better for a few days and then bam, the nausea returns along with some dizziness and lightheadedness. My gastroenterologist has put me on 40mg of pantoprazole a day which seemed to be helping. Half way through my fifth month of this....HP was confirmed eradicated 3rd Aug 2017. :cry:

shid0x
Genuine user

Post by shid0x » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:30 am

I had and still have nausea from time to time but that's maybe like once a week.
The first few weeks of esomeprazole i had it more often but then it kind of went away.

Best of luck, that's awesome that you at least don't get any pain anymore. By month 5 after eradication i still had stomach pain.

ihatehelico
Genuine user

Post by ihatehelico » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:48 am

shid0x wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:30 am
I had and still have nausea from time to time but that's maybe like once a week.
The first few weeks of esomeprazole i had it more often but then it kind of went away.

Best of luck, that's awesome that you at least don't get any pain anymore. By month 5 after eradication i still had stomach pain.
Thanks so much for replying!

Can you eat normally now? Can you drink alcohol?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to know if I will ever be me again!!

Thanks again. So glad you are over this hell.

Javeria
Genuine user

Post by Javeria » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:32 am

Hello.. am new here...a little history..

Last month I began to hav cramps on my lower right abdomen.

it was followed by burning sensation around the stomach..

bloating and sort of indigestion

It had been a day after I took aspirin for headache..i occasionally react badly to aspirin..so I tried to cool it with over the counter acid medicine but it took long though eventually cooled of..as for indigestion I would try prune juice and it would help..

Eventually i lost appetite and now was having a dull mild on and off pain on my right side..

I did blood tests and ultrasound and all was clear.

Now i did colonoscopy and endoscopy..they wer clear..but doc took a tissue sample in my stomach to do some tests..then he said I tested positive for h.pylori..

He put me on medicine..

Question is could th bacteria be th cause of my loss of appetite /nausea and weight? When ther was no sign for ulcer scratches etc in the stomach?

tdale
Genuine user

Post by tdale » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:12 am

sms08h wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:20 pm
Hello,
I was found to have an h pylori infection via a blood test. I completed 7 days of triple therapy (amoxicillin, omeprazole, and clarithromycin) 6 weeks ago. Eradication was confirmed 2 weeks later via a stool antigen test. 4 weeks after the treatment ended I decided to have an endoscopy because I still felt nauseous and had some burning in my stomach if I went awhile without eating.

The endoscopy showed moderate chronic gastritis in the Antrum of my stomach which is where h pylori usually causes gastritis, or so I hear. The endoscopy was negative for h pylori too. I do not have any hernias, crohns, celiacs, GERD, or any other problems going on. Only the gastritis. Sometimes I feel kinda normal and other times I feel I am going to throw up. I just feel nauseous and queasy sometimes for seemingly no reason. I am burpy and hiccupy a lot too. Acid reflux medication hasn't helped me at all so I can't have reflux. Much of the time my throat feels like it has a lump in it. Can gastritis cause a sensation like that? I don't eat spicy or acidic foods anymore, nor have I ever smoked. I have drank before but very seldom, only 1-2 drinks in a social setting. I've been "sick" now since March 13th. The last time I touched alcohol before that was last year. My GI tried putting me on a PPI to help the gastritis but it didn't make me feel any better. He said I didn't have to take it. My GI does not seem to think that the gastritis in my stomach is even severe enough to cause my symptoms. He thinks it's due to stress. (my diagnosing and treating physician is a different doctor than my GI). He almost seems to reject that I had h pylori at all.

I have read a bunch of studies online about non ulcer dyspeptic patients who don't feel better following treatment. Those people have no gastritis or anything PHYSICALLY wrong with them, right? I am trying to stay strong and positive but I worry I could do something and my gastritis will get worse or my condition will. Or that it could get worse for no reason at all. I hate feeling nauseous and queasy everyday.

1. Is the nausea that I still have most likely my stomach/body healing?
2. Is gastritis an organic disease?
3. Am I classified as one of those non-ulcer dyspeptic patients that don't feel better following treatment?
4. Will all of this eventually go away or will it always be this way?
Just curious if your symptoms ever went away, if so how long did it take? Asking because my son has same symptoms you had: belching, nausea. Finished treatment a few weeks ago, symptoms still there. Did endoscopy and h-pylori negative. Gastritis was left after h-pylori eradication. Currently on PPI.

Javeria
Genuine user

Post by Javeria » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:04 am

got abdominal problems..

1.Last month I had cramps on my lower right abdomen.

2.it was followed by burning sensation around the stomach..

3.bloating and sort of indigestion

It had been a day after I took aspirin for headache..i occasionally react badly to aspirin..so I tried to cool it with over the counter acid medicine but it took long though eventually cooled of..as for indigestion I would try prune juice and it helped..

Eventually i lost appetite and now was having a dull mild on and off pain on my right side..

I dd blood tests and ultrasound and all was clear.

Now i did colonoscopy and endoscopy..they wer clear..but doc took a tissue sample in my stomach to do some tests..then he said I tested positive for h.pylori..

He put me on medicine..

Question is could th bacteria be th cause of my loss of appetite and weight? When ther was no sign for ulcer scratches etc?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:21 pm

Yes, H. pylori can cause loss of appetite and weight lost.

There is no need to have ulcers or more severe disease to have the above symptoms.

angie10653
Genuine user

Post by angie10653 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:09 pm

Hello Everyone
I am new to this site but need some help. Last week I was experiencing a lot of burning in my stomach and in my chest with a little cough. I went to the doctor and was told it sounded like I had gerd. I was put on omeprazole
Once a day and I feel Better except that I still have the little cough every now and then. My concern is that ever since I started taking the medication my stool color has turned a pale color.
Should I be worried

Thank You

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms”