Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Strange sensation in the back of the throat

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

xceL

Re: Strange sensation in the back of the throat

Post by xceL »

SMS08h welcome to the forums!

Is the sensation in your throat like a lump?

I had the same thing. It was rather uncomfortable and I believe it was a contributing factor to my rather big panic attacks that I had. As well as one of the causes to my difficulty in breathing after meals.

Mine went away over a period of 1 week. I can't remember, but I'm fairly sure I was not on PPIs at the time but I was taking chewable ant-acids at the time.

Eventually the lump sort of went away, it resulted in me waking up 4-5 nights in a row with a nauseated feeling or reaction. It was due to what I believe was mucus sliding down my throat from where my lump was. So that was kind of an odd aftermath.

It's good to hear that your symptoms are only mild! I'm 2 months post antibiotic treatment and only now are my symptoms reaching the state of mild. I had one hell of a roller-coaster ride with H. Pylori!
My advice is to pay the least amount of attention to your illness as possible. I found so many symptoms subside when I go hop on a video game or distract myself with something, especially walking. Hope this helps :)

sms08h

Post by sms08h »

Hello xcel,

Yes, its like a lump but a small lump in my throat. Sometimes it changes into a feeling of pressure building up in my throat.

Its very very strange. I've decided to do my best to ignore what I'm feeling and soldier on to getting better. I just wish it was quick healing! ugh, luckily I have been able to sleep throughout the night during this entire ordeal and although sometimes I'll feel kind of nauseous in public or in school, I haven't had any vomiting. But I hate throwing up with a passion so I worry that it might still happen. I also hope that because my symptoms are so mild it means that they will be gone soon.

I have that same feeling of a burp/vomit coming up my throat. I HATE IT. I always worry I'm going to throw up because that's what feels like is going to happen. But then I just like hiccup or something or some gas just kind of slides up my throat out of my mouth. I have been trying to embrace it and let it out in the hopes it'll make me feel better. Can't really say it does though. I get so frustrated sometimes I'm just like okay do it already, throw it up if you wanna feel nauseous. But I haven't yet. I doubt I will. I also worry that my symptoms could regress and become bad or something (probably impossible unless I got sick with something else) This whole ordeal has made me worry about any little feeling going on in my body. I can't wait until all this is over.

Ps. L-glutamine is very very helpful for healing of the GI tract. Some scientific studies show that using L-glutamine on people with IBS, IBD, or just about any GI problem almost completely resolves their symptoms with no other treatment. I take 20-45g a day. I have been very fortunate because my symptoms have been very mild since treatment ended. It is my sincere hope that you and I are slowly but surely getting better everyday. Stay STRONG.

Depression and stress only make it worse

xceL

Post by xceL »

sms08h wrote: Ps. L-glutamine is very very helpful for healing of the GI tract. Some scientific studies show that using L-glutamine on people with IBS, IBD, or just about any GI problem almost completely resolves their symptoms with no other treatment. I take 20-45g a day. I have been very fortunate because my symptoms have been very mild since treatment ended. It is my sincere hope that you and I are slowly but surely getting better everyday. Stay STRONG.

Depression and stress only make it worse
Thanks for that! I'll be looking into L-Glutamine because I used to do amateur power-lifting and got plenty of that stuff stocked up!
I'll do a bit of study on it first before it makes me feel worse haha.

sms08h

Post by sms08h »

I used to lift too. I have been again lately but I feel kinda sick to begin with and exerting myself just makes it worse. I always am afraid I'm going to throw up at the gym. Are you back lifting yet? God this crap sucks. I have an appointment with my GI doc on tuesday, hopefully he can tell me what I can do to cure my mild gastritis. I WANNA BE BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN

xceL

Post by xceL »

Nah mate I don't lift anymore. I stopped lifting in February when I started my full time job. Got sick very early April, so between now and then I wouldn't dare go to the gym. I'm so weak from not eating, and I dropped 12kg (27lbs) which isn't very healthy (but hey I look bloody hot now! LOL).

Let me know what your GI says! I'd be very interested, as I do not feel like paying $150 for a simple consultation. And the internet is full of garbage information like mastic gum and manuka honey which don't work in Vivo, only in Vitro (test tubes)

ZophaiRoberts

Post by ZophaiRoberts »

Hello Andreas... Every person has Candida both men and women. Candida is the short name which describes the yeast overgrowth in the body. Its main functionality is recognizing and destroying the harmful bacteria in the body.
For the confirmation of candida whether it is present in the body or not; you may go across Candida spit test.
Before going to the bed keep a glass of water nearer to bed.
In the early mornings, before brushing teeth or eat anything; work up the saliva in mouth and spit into a glass of water.
Let the water sit for 30 minutes then make a glance at it. If there are any stringy lines are coming down from the saliva and the water turns cloudy or the saliva sinks to the bottom, it says you may have candida.
After confirmation you can go through the treatment. At first you need to confirm the candida.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

If there are any stringy lines are coming down from the saliva and the water turns cloudy or the saliva sinks to the bottom, it says you may have candida.
I have to comment on the above method. I think it sounds very taboo. first of all, candida is not the only yeast available in the mouth. second of all, how did you get it (the pathogenic one) in the first place?. finally, i believe everyone has some level of candida infection. most of them probably not pathogenic. I think it's a matter of balancing the good and bad pathogen.

xanmurphy

Post by xanmurphy »

ZophaiRoberts wrote:Hello Andreas... Every person has Candida both men and women. Candida is the short name which describes the yeast overgrowth in the body. Its main functionality is recognizing and destroying the harmful bacteria in the body.
For the confirmation of candida whether it is present in the body or not; you may go across Candida spit test.
Before going to the bed keep a glass of water nearer to bed.
In the early mornings, before brushing teeth or eat anything; work up the saliva in mouth and spit into a glass of water.
Let the water sit for 30 minutes then make a glance at it. If there are any stringy lines are coming down from the saliva and the water turns cloudy or the saliva sinks to the bottom, it says you may have candida.
After confirmation you can go through the treatment. At first you need to confirm the candida.
Hi Zophai....
Can you please tell me that what are the causes for over production of candida in the body and what are the symptoms of candida.
The over production of candida leads to any health issues or not and what is the treatment for reducing candida in our body. Please share your info.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I am not an expert of candida, but I would like to give a quick comment. for normal people, you dont need to worry too much about candida. when your immune system is normal, you'll be fine. just eat healthy, balance diet, keep positive thoughts, and your immune system will be just right.

ZophaiRoberts

Post by ZophaiRoberts »

Hello xanmurphy, Mainly Copper imbalance, High levels of sugar in taking leads to candida overgrowth. Sugar may impair the body’s immune response, it also reducing the ability to defend against the candida and also causes other intestinal infections. The most common causes include excess of toxic metals (chemicals) and nutrient deficiencies.

Here are some of the symptoms/health issues which causes by candida overgrowth.
Behavior Disorders like Poor memory, Depression, Cravings for sweets and alcohol
Digestive Weakness, Constipation, food intolerances, Bloating
Infections on the nails & skin
Thrush (white coating on tongue), Bad breath, Metallic taste in mouth
Eye and Ear infections, Blurred vision, Eye pain, Bags under eyes, Ringing in the ears
Cough, Mucus in throat, Sore throat, Asthma, Sinus problems
Unwanted weight loss.

We might be avoiding the candida overgrowth by following these small, small tips.
Dietary changes
Lifestyle changes
Taking Anti-fungal
Candida causes constipation, when a person is facing constipation problems their intestines and colon help to create an ideal environment for Candida overgrowth. So it’s mandatory to maintain a healthy colon

Feel free to ask any queries and in sharing knowledge.
Thank You.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”