Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Newly Diagnosed

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

JjeAnna

Re: Newly Diagnosed

Post by JjeAnna »

Nessie, you had previously written you were having an Endoscopy on Friday. I was curious what happened with that and if you still feel that lump in your throat? I have completed my antibiotics a couple of weeks ago and that feeling is still there. I wouldn't say it was any better. I haven't been retested yet but I hope the HP is gone! Any new news anyone?

drgehlhaar

Post by drgehlhaar »

I FINALLY got my GI to agree to a follow-up test! I can't wait to find out if my HP is gone! :)

drgehlhaar

Post by drgehlhaar »

Hi JjeAnna -
I apologize; I didn't see your post until today. I actually didn't have another endoscopy. I was to have a follow-up. I postponed it until Feb. 28th. I told my GI that I really had to have a follow-up test to see if the HP is gone. She agreed thank goodness. I am doing the stool test; I will turn it in on Monday. I assume that they have to culture it for a few days. It has been over a month since I completed the treatment and I haven't taken any GERD medicine or PPI. I still do have a feeling of something in my throat at times, but it is not as bad as it was. How are you feeling now?
Neesie

Anthony123

Somebody help

Post by Anthony123 »

ive been sick for a couple of months iwent to the dr on feb20th and they ran tests but im still waiting on the results but i have all the symptoms of h pylori my dr gave me some antibiotics that seem to help but not really its my 12th day of taking them they gave me amoxicillin , metronidazole and omeprazole ifeel a little pain still and today ithought iwas getting better until ivomited this morning and my nose started to bleed ifeel so crappy ireally need somebody to help me

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

12 days treatment for H. pylori is long enough. I think you can stop and wait for the follow up breath test. what kind of help you need from the forum?

monikas333

Re: curing ulcers

Post by monikas333 »

hello,
Having been diagnosed with H. Pylori, does this then mean I also have an ulcer? My doctor informed me that it is highly unlikely that I could have this infection and NOT have an ulcer. Having just completed the Triple Therapy, my question is: Does killing the H. Pylori bacteria also get ride of the ulcer or are these two separate issues? And what if my ulcer is bleeding, will the triple therapy cure this also? my stomach symptoms appear to be better after taking the antibiotics but I am still experiencing dizziness and tiredness and wonder if this could be due to ongoing blood loss?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

average half of the world population is infected with H. pylori. Many carry the bacteria for 60-80 years without symptoms. only a small population suffer from ulceration and even smaller population get cancer (usually at older age).

so, if you are young and has no family history of cancer, you are doing fine.

so what test have you done to be diagnosed as H. pylori infection?

answer to your question...

having H. pylori doesnt mean you have ulcer.
taking the triple therapy have 80% of eradicating the bacteria... and if you have ulcer, it'll heal over time without the bacteria around. Also, if you have ulcer, you have to take PPI until your ulcer is healed.

suggestion
do endoscopy to check if you have ulcer
after you stop your medication, wait 3 weeks and follow up with breath test to see if your bacteria is gone.

drgehlhaar

Post by drgehlhaar »

I just got a call from my doctor today on the results of my re-test after treatment. I tested NEGATIVE for H. Pylori!! Thank you to the experts with all the help and answers to my questions. I still feel like I have something in my throat at times and have digestive issues occassionally, but am feeling a lot better. Good luck to you all and hang in there. The treatment is awful, but it is worth it!
Neesie

Helico_scientist

Post by Helico_scientist »

Happy to know that you are feeling better. It takes a bit of time to the stomach to recover completely after H. pylori eradication so no worries.

Gillian121

Post by Gillian121 »

I had the lump feeling in my throat when I had HP, i asked my GP to do a poo sample to check that it had goe and he saod yes no problem so i guess if you ask your GP he may chack to see if the HP has gone or not, Im still trying to find out if HP is linked to gallstones as thats what I now have plus a cyst on my kidney

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”