There has been an unexpected incident that happened and as a result, the forum has been deleted. It is unfortunate that we can only recover the post back to 2016. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

To reduce SPAM, all post from new members with less than 1 post will require approval from web master.

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.
Contact admin click here

H. Pylori and IBS

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

molly

H. Pylori and IBS

Post by molly » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Does anyone know if there is a connection between IBS and H. Pylori as I have been diagnosed with IBS and now have problems with acid reflux?

Helico_expert

Re: H. Pylori and IBS

Post by Helico_expert » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:08 pm

H. pylori is more associated with stomach diseases. They are very slow growing and probably not able to compete with the normal flora in the intestine and colon.

However, H. pylori can be detected from stool. Then again H. pylori doesnt produce toxin. As a result, I believe it'll be very difficult for H. pylori to associate with IBS.

Helico_expert

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi,

blind testing is not very healthy to you and the system. you'll end up spending more money trying different things. I suggest you get a proper test before any treatment.

tossin

Post by tossin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:21 pm

That was some useful information about IBS and H.Pylori not being related. I totally agree about not wasting money on tests will we know what we need to do it for!! It is always advisable that we see a doctor and get a diagnosis rather than do our own treatment!!
“Read Today, Lead Tomorrow”

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms”