H pylori, moderate gastritis

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

shid0x
Genuine user

Re: H pylori, moderate gastritis

Post by shid0x » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:05 am

I'm one of those who got "better" after a long time.
Its been a year and 3 months since i got rid of helicobacter ( confirmed multiple times ) and oh boy was it a long and bumpy ride.
The hardest thing being the doctors not knowing anything about it : for most once the helicobacter is gone you should go back to normal so they tend to send you off...Then you'll fall into the "alternative medicine" bullcrap like everyone and end up burning cash for nothing.

The best thing i ever did was sit down and read about how the digestive system worked (acidity, helico...can't tell you how much of NCBI pages i went through) and try to solve it for myself since nothing went my way.

But as harsh as the truth is, its just like what helico_expert said : it takes time.

What i did was taking esomeprazole 20mg everyday along with something called neo neobianacid by aboca ( i really don't want to sound like another telemarketer but bare with me ) and slowing down my consumption of sugar.
Sugar and carbs in general seems to be linked highly to reflux / acidity / burping...Give it a try for a month, lessen your carbs it gave me great digestive relief.
Last edited by shid0x on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 pm

Congratulation!

your post is absolutely important. Thank you for updating us your status.

ihatehelico
Genuine user

Post by ihatehelico » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:57 pm

shid0x wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:05 am
I'm one of those who got "better" after a long time.
Its been a year and 3 months since i got rid of helicobacter ( confirmed multiple times ) and oh boy was it a long and bumpy ride.
The hardest thing being the doctors not knowing anything about it : for most once the helicobacter is gone you should go back to normal so they tend to send you off...Then you'll fall into the "alternative medicine" bullcrap like everyone and end up burning cash for nothing.

The best thing i ever did was sit down and read about how the digestive system worked (acidity, helico...can't tell you how much of NCBI pages i went through) and try to solve it for myself since nothing went my way.

But as harsh as the truth is, its just like what helico_expert said : it takes time.

What i did was taking esomeprazole 20mg everyday along with something called neo neobianacid by aboca ( i really don't want to sound like another telemarketer but bare with me ) and slowing down my consumption of sugar.
Sugar and carbs in general seems to be linked highly to reflux / acidity / burping...Give it a try for a month, lessen your carbs it gave me great digestive relief.
Was nausea one of your symptoms? It's my only symptom really and I spend my days terrified that my problem is ore than just gastritis like gastroparesis or something else really horrible. I feel better for a few days and then bam, the nausea returns along with some dizziness and lightheadedness. My gastroenterologist has put me on 40mg of pantoprazole a day which seemed to be helping. Half way through my fifth month of this....HP was confirmed eradicated 3rd Aug 2017. :cry:

shid0x
Genuine user

Post by shid0x » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:30 am

I had and still have nausea from time to time but that's maybe like once a week.
The first few weeks of esomeprazole i had it more often but then it kind of went away.

Best of luck, that's awesome that you at least don't get any pain anymore. By month 5 after eradication i still had stomach pain.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms”