H Pylori affecting facial nerves

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

eddyh
Genuine user

H Pylori affecting facial nerves

Post by eddyh » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi guys,

I am having a confusion whether my facial nerves pressure issue is caused by the damage done by h pylori?

if any of you are having similar or same issues?

thx,
Eddy

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: H Pylori affecting facial nerves

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:37 am

H.pylori infection is normally specific to the stomach region only. However, there are some claims that H. pylori may also contribute to diseases related to immune response.

But so far, no evidence has shown that H. pylori has correlation with facial nerves pressure.

lfis492a
Genuine user

Post by lfis492a » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:43 am

I thought H. Pylori alters cooper and zinc etc. things that may affect nerves? Pre-existing conditions might be aggravated ?

Bpositive
Genuine user

Post by Bpositive » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:59 am

This is very interesting. I wonder if hPylori can effect the nervous system causing the lower esophagus sphincter to relax thus causing Gerd?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:01 pm

H. pylori likes iron. Not so sure about H. pylori correlation with nerve disease.

H. pylori is also associated with reflux symptom and causes GERD. But is it because of the nervous system of the lower esophagus sphincter? I am not sure.

lfis492a
Genuine user

Post by lfis492a » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:40 am

Is it true that the gut brain is it's own "nervous system" and that h. pylori and it's biotoxins cross the gut brain barrier? is the esophagus apart of that nervous system or the bodies "main" nervous system?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:25 am

The gut brain theory is very interesting. We are just scratching the surface of understanding the microbiome and its impact on the gut's brain.

Although H. pylori doesnt colonised the intestine, but they do shed from stomach into the lower guts. Nobody knows if these H. pylori from the stomach cause any harm to the lower guts.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms”