Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Quadruple Therapy

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

maltster

Re: Quadruple Therapy

Post by maltster »

I recently started quad treatment, PBMT, after a failed triple treatment (PMC). The new dosage schedule is 4 times daily, however, I have been advised to space the taking of the bismuth to 2 hours before or after the tetracycline. What is the best way to take the quad treatment of PBMT?
Dosages,
bismuth subsalicylate, 262mg tablet X2 qid
tetracycline 500mg qid
metronidazole 500mg qid
lansoprazole 30mg bid

Atrix

Post by Atrix »

Hi. I took all medicines at the same time aside from PPI. But following your doc's advice shoudn't be wrong either. By the way, your metronidazole dose seems to be higher - 2 g per day instead of 1,5 or 1,6 g, but as I said your doc is the boss. I wish you successful treatment.

Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

maltster wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:10 pm
I recently started quad treatment, PBMT, after a failed triple treatment (PMC). The new dosage schedule is 4 times daily, however, I have been advised to space the taking of the bismuth to 2 hours before or after the tetracycline. What is the best way to take the quad treatment of PBMT?
Dosages,
bismuth subsalicylate, 262mg tablet X2 qid
tetracycline 500mg qid
metronidazole 500mg qid
lansoprazole 30mg bid
Hi I have exactly the same treatment and had the same questions, but pharmacy let me know that's it is better to take 4 times a day all medication the same time. I did 8 am, 12 pm, 8 pm and 12 am. I put alarm clock on my sellphone. It is too much I know . It is not easy, I was so low energy, and this treatment is tough! Just completed a week ago.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

It's good effort to be compliance. The idea is to spread out the medication as evenly as possible to maintain the effective antibiotic dose in the body. Good luck to your treatment.

Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:55 am
It's good effort to be compliance. The idea is to spread out the medication as evenly as possible to maintain the effective antibiotic dose in the body. Good luck to your treatment.
So if I took it together like my pharmacist told me I may be not successful in the treatment. I have 500 mg Tetracycline 500 metronidazole bismuth 2 tablets and PPI, everything 4 times a day.

maltster

Post by maltster »

Alexandra wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:16 am
Helico_expert wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:55 am
So if I took it together like my pharmacist told me I may be not successful in the treatment. I have 500 mg Tetracycline 500 metronidazole bismuth 2 tablets and PPI, everything 4 times a day.
My doctor didn't seem to have a good answer as to whether I can take the bismuth at the same time as the tetracycline and the pharmacy advised spacing the bismuth by 1-2 hours. I'm looking for a general consensus on whether I need to take the bismuth separately. I can't seem to find much info online and the information that I have found is contradictory.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Yea, you can take bismuth and tetracycline together. The bismuth will coat a layer on your stomach lining (and intestine) to kill off all bacteria. The tetracycline (and other antibiotics) will be absorbed into your blood stream and kill HP from underneath the mucous layer.

You can check out Pylera, it's a tablet with 3 antibiotics (Bismuth, Tetracycline, and Metronidazole) all combined in one.
https://www.rxlist.com/pylera-capsules- ... escription

maltster

Post by maltster »

Helico_expert wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:24 am
Yea, you can take bismuth and tetracycline together. The bismuth will coat a layer on your stomach lining (and intestine) to kill off all bacteria. The tetracycline (and other antibiotics) will be absorbed into your blood stream and kill HP from underneath the mucous layer.

You can check out Pylera, it's a tablet with 3 antibiotics (Bismuth, Tetracycline, and Metronidazole) all combined in one.
https://www.rxlist.com/pylera-capsules- ... escription
Yes, I have read some info regarding Pylera. It's interesting that the tetracycline is actually enclosed in a smaller separate capsule contained within the capsule as stated in the drug description...

"Each Pylera capsule contains 140 mg of bismuth subcitrate potassium, 125 mg of metronidazole, and a smaller capsule inside containing 125 mg of tetracycline hydrochloride."

I guess this delays the release of the tetracycline to reduce the interaction with the bismuth.

Wills

Post by Wills »

I started the Quadruple Therapy 2 days ago and i feel miserable... i cant move from my bed because of severe fatigue and weakness.. feeling dizzy.. i have pain in ny stomach left side under my breast.. bitter taste (its bearable compared to the dizziness).. i feel so weak.. i havent taken any antibiotics in years so this is way too much for me.. i hope the bacteria dies otherwise im not sure that i can live through this treatment again.. completley miserable....

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Try to gather positive thoughts and make yourself busy with things you like to do. The more you think about it, the more likely you can feel the negative energy.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”