Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Dubt of omeprazol with pylera

The most popular treatments consist of two antibiotics (one of which is usually clarithromycin) plus a strong acid blocker such as omeprazole (PriLosec, Nexium, Somac, Zoton, etc.). Treatment is for 7-10 days. Cure rate is about 85%

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, luci2010

juansepe
Genuine user

Dubt of omeprazol with pylera

Post by juansepe » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:11 pm

Hello wanted to ask if in the treatment to remove HP with pylera omeprazole is taken before pylera or together with pylera ?? Thank you !

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: Dubt of omeprazol with pylera

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:53 am

Hi,

I have sort of answered your question in other post.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=206095

the idea of Omeprazole is to reduce the acid level. So if you take one in the morning and one in the evening, you can keep your stomach acid low.

juansepe
Genuine user

Post by juansepe » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:04 pm

Good afternoon one last consultation ... the doctor, I recommend taking esomeprazole 40 mg as it has a greater effectiveness, in 2 shots one in the morning and another at dinner ... could take 3 ?? Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the 10 days of treatment to ensure greater effectiveness of the treatment ??? Thank you !!!

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:28 am

esomeprazole 40mg is already double the standard dose. I think you can stick with it, two times a day.

Return to “Antibiotics and Acid Pump Blockers”