completed 14 days of triple therapy. What Now?

The most popular treatments consist of two antibiotics (one of which is usually clarithromycin) plus a strong acid blocker such as omeprazole (PriLosec, Nexium, Somac, Zoton, etc.). Treatment is for 7-10 days. Cure rate is about 85%

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, luci2010

pklale
Genuine user

completed 14 days of triple therapy. What Now?

Post by pklale » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:25 pm

I am currently in Turkey where I was diagnosed with a stomach infection due to Helicobacter Pylori.

I have just completed my last day of the 14 triple therapy Clarithromycin 500mg; Lansoprazol 30mg; Amoxcillin 1000mg. ( I still have bloating, constipation and slight stomach pain)

I have no idea what I need to do now? How soon should I go to see the doctor? I'm completely lost???

Please advise.... :? :cry:

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Re: completed 14 days of triple therapy. What Now?

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:08 am

you need to give time for your stomach to heal. if symptoms like reflux and pain still on going, you can ask your doctor to give you some ranitidine. a month later, do a follow up checkup to make sure H. pylori is eradicated.

It is very important to know if H. pylori still present. Otherwise, you'll be waiting for nothing.

pklale
Genuine user

Post by pklale » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:03 pm

Thanks for your reply. I never had reflux, but alot of bloating, fatigue, zero appetite, no desire to do anything, and constipation.

I haven't passed stool for 4 days now, and I feel awfully bloated. I've tried massage, acupressure points, and bicarbonate of soda all to no avail.
I've also been drinking at least 3 litres of water each day.

I can't eat anything. Do you have any suggestions please as to what I can do to relieve the constipation without aggravating H.Pylori, just in case it's still alive inside me?

Lenochka
Genuine user

Post by Lenochka » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:06 pm

Try to take some probiotics.

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:45 am

probiotic is a good idea.

problem like constipation will gradually be better when your microbiota is balanced.

pklale
Genuine user

Post by pklale » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:43 pm

ok good. Thanks. I will get on the Kefir!

Return to “Antibiotics and Acid Pump Blockers”