Announcement:

A new anti-spam extension has been installed in this forum. If you have problem registering or login the forum, please do not hesitate to email the admin.

Contact Admin Click Here

Post Pylera Treatments .. Acid Blockers ..Probiotics ?

The most popular treatments consist of two antibiotics (one of which is usually clarithromycin) plus a strong acid blocker such as omeprazole (PriLosec, Nexium, Somac, Zoton, etc.). Treatment is for 7-10 days. Cure rate is about 85%

Moderators: Toni, barjammar, luci2010

Fredd77
Genuine user

Re: Post Pylera Treatments .. Acid Blockers ..Probiotics ?

Post by Fredd77 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:38 pm

Is the Famous "Throat Coat" tea good for ulcers ? or Marshmallow root tea ?

Fredd77
Genuine user

Post by Fredd77 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:44 pm

Would Exercise like running a mile or 2 be beneficial for my ulcer since or is it bad ? (By the way i finished Pylera and stopped taking omeprazole 2.5 weeks before my stool test and doctors told me i was h pylori free but im still having acid reflux not as much as before but its still there )

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:49 am

I am afraid there is no recommended diet guideline for post antibiotic. Exercise is always good. fruits are good too. If you have ulcer, you should be on PPI for at least a month or until it is healed.

cc910
Genuine user

Post by cc910 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:52 pm

If you can answer me I will donate to this forum. This bug is effecting my quality of life to the most severe extent.

I also have just started the triple treatment with an extensive history of anti-biotics, I'm hoping that my body isn't resistant to the treatment. The doctor that I have gone to isn't very knowledgable or informative with what is going on. I have resorted to treating myself along with the triple treatment. I have two questions for you:
1. I read that taking probiotics during the triple treatment makes eradication 10-20% more likely. Do you have any evidence to back this up, what is your professional opinion on this?
2. I also have acid reflux and have been reading on how to cure this and H Pylori naturally. My question to you is, can I do both treatments simultaneously without one canceling the other out? I took a look a the pics from my endoscopy and my stomach inflammation is so severe that it makes me believe I have had this bug for a while now (years even) considering all the side effects that have been following me- constipation, bloating, fatigue, anxiety, bad breath, etc. A list of methods I have been approaching are as follows:
-one table spoon of baking soda with water
-one table spoon of Manuka honey
-one shot of Apple Cider Vinegar
-doing an oil pull with coconut oil
-Mastic Gum 500mg
-Betaine HCL 648mg
-DGL
-Monolaurin

As well as eating a lot of brocolli and drinking water with lemon. Do you have any other suggestions for what I should include in my diet?

Please help, thank you kindly.

Fredd77
Genuine user

Post by Fredd77 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:45 am

Ive heard exercises like running can be midly bad for people with acid reflux because it causes you stomach acid to bounce up and down or is that false ?

Helico_expert
Genuine user

Post by Helico_expert » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:41 am

There are reports that say exercise may increase reflux. But I am not too sure about the mechanism. Nevertheless, there are workouts that can reduce heartburn.

http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/fea ... -heartburn

john88
Genuine user

Post by john88 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:39 am

Thanks for the info very helpful.

Return to “Antibiotics and Acid Pump Blockers”